Is there an easy way for me to check the die of my installed Hynix memory sticks?

Delicieuxz

[H]ard|Gawd
Without removing the heatsinks or taking them out of the system, and without installing some kernel-level software that I'll likely never use aside from for this task?

"dram calculator for ryzen" might and i know there is another app that can but i cant remember the name...

"dram calculator for ryzen" might and i know there is another app that can but i cant remember the name...

I'll check out DRAM calculator. Thaiphoon Burner apparently can, but it keeps saying this when I run it, even when I disable Windows Defender and manually run the program as administrator (though my account is also the administrator account).

Screenshot 2023-04-19 153816.jpg

And that prevents Thaiphoon Burner from being able to detect and read the memory information.

I'll check out DRAM calculator. Thaiphoon Burner apparently can, but it keeps saying this when I run it, even when I disable Windows Defender and manually run the program as administrator (though my account is also the administrator account).

View attachment 565321

And that prevents Thaiphoon Burner from being able to detect and read the memory information.
thats the one, never used it though...
try uninstalling and reinstalling it as admin. if that doesnt help, im sure someone else here that uses it will chime in.
edit: apparently there are instructions in the readme file...

The readme shows how to edit the registry to disable whatever's preventing the kernel-level driver from being installed. I decided just to shut down the PC and take out the sticks to check the stickers.

According to information online, a product code that ends with 820A = A die / 820M = M die.

It looks like my G.skill Hynix DDR5 is a-die. I was expecting it to be m-die for an EXPO kit. I'll be manually timing and maybe overclocking it, eventually.

my G.Skill DDR5 RAM 1.jpg

Without removing the heatsinks or taking them out of the system, and without installing some kernel-level software that I'll likely never use aside from for this task?
I think the memory tab in cpuz tells you the chips

View attachment 565321

Read the readme that came with thaiphoon burner it tells you what you need to do.

Does anyone know how to check for Teamgroup dimms? Gskill is easy, A or M on the UPC. I have a set of TG sticks that are 38-38-38-78 6000 1.25V and I believe them to be M-die but I don't want to peel the heat spreader to find out.

Back