Is there a Way to Save Streamed Movies ???

A lot of times, you can just look at the page's source to find an URL for the video. In this case the relevant lines are
Code:
<embed src="C6%20Corvette/New%20Folder/2005C6Rte66DO.wmv" width="320" height="275" autoplay="false"></embed>
and
Code:
<embed src="C6%20Corvette/New%20Folder/2005C6BltDO.wmv" width="320" height="275" autoplay="false"></embed>

Which mean those two are here and here.

If you're using IE, there will be a temp file saved on your computer used to spawn WMP and stream the file. Usually its a .asx or a similar variant. Open that up in a text editor and it should have a direct link to the file.

Sometimes if a website opens a WMP dialog box in the page to show the video, you can right click the sceen and select properties, and it will give the link to the actual file. Other than that there is viewing the source, as mentioned.

I used to have a program called StreamDown by Cocsoft. Worked great. There was only one protocol it couldn't download, and IIRC its a pnm://.

i just view source and then search for ".wmv" and it finds it right away... i dont see whats so hard about that..

twest17 said:
i just view source and then search for ".wmv" and it finds it right away... i dont see whats so hard about that..

That only works for videos streamed through HTTP... the program I posted supports mms:// and a bunch of other protocols...

I've had some success with Streamripper (sourceforge), the program is intended for ripping internet radio stations, but I've used it in the past to get some video streams through winamp.

For http streams...if you're using Firefox, just right click on the page, go to "View Page Info", click the "Media" tab, find the file on the list and "Save as..."

phixt said:
For http streams...if you're using Firefox, just right click on the page, go to "View Page Info", click the "Media" tab, find the file on the list and "Save as..."
God I love fire fox. But I hate the slow speed. Are whole school switched to fire fox and it made the internet SUPER slow.

pArTy said:
God I love fire fox. But I hate the slow speed. Are whole school switched to fire fox and it made the internet SUPER slow.

Huh, besides the initial opening Firefox 1.0 seems faster to me, and the initial open isn't even much slower. I wonder why some computers are fine with it and other people are always saying how slow it is. My computer isn't really top of the line anymore. In fact right now its not even OC'd and my raptor is disconnected.

theTIK said:
Huh, besides the initial opening Firefox 1.0 seems faster to me, and the initial open isn't even much slower. I wonder why some computers are fine with it and other people are always saying how slow it is. My computer isn't really top of the line anymore. In fact right now its not even OC'd and my raptor is disconnected.

Think more bandwidth wise. Firefox is really fast if its just you and your connection, but imagine a hundred people all online at once. The pipe would be saturated with connections. This, however, is normal for schools when a lot of people get on at once, using Firefox or not.

What kind of Stream??? Like a radio stream wher the audio/video is always different -or- an actual file like say a music video being streamed instead of downloaded...or whatever??? I can do RealMedia streams if it's not done like the radio type way...

Back