Is there a way to install Quick Time plugin for Firefox without iTunes?

mosin

[H]ardForum Junkie
I hate iTunes and the other Apple crap. How can I get the basic plugin?

Edit: 21.5 megs for a damned plugin is insane. I installed it, however.
Thanks to JV16 Power Tools it is down to a few kilobytes now. :D

You wouldn't believe how much the iPod / iTune garbage litters a registry -
or maybe you would. :rolleyes:

Standalone QT installer. Funny how they bury it...

Thanks so much, Apple for trying to force-feed me bloatware that I have absolutely no use for. Don't get me wrong, I love my Macs. But I swear that whole "you've gotta install iTunes if you want QT support on your PC" thing is pure BS.

Hal|9k said:
Standalone QT installer. Funny how they bury it...

Thanks so much, Apple for trying to force-feed me bloatware that I have absolutely no use for. Don't get me wrong, I love my Macs. But I swear that whole "you've gotta install iTunes if you want QT support on your PC" thing is pure BS.
How is anyone coming to the conclusion that you need iTunes just to have Quicktime? It has always been available to download on it's on. Choose whatever download site you want, like majorgeeks.com, download.com, tucows.com etc.

djnes said:
How is anyone coming to the conclusion that you need iTunes just to have Quicktime? It has always been available to download on it's on. Choose whatever download site you want, like majorgeeks.com, download.com, tucows.com etc.
its the "google it, click on the first available linky" reflex we all have...

mosin said:
I hate iTunes and the other Apple crap. How can I get the basic plugin?

Edit: 21.5 megs for a damned plugin is insane. I installed it, however.
Thanks to JV16 Power Tools it is down to a few kilobytes now. :D

You wouldn't believe how much the iPod / iTune garbage litters a registry -
or maybe you would. :rolleyes:

You can download Quicktime w/o iTunes.. All you need to do is look for it, and read the description "before" you download it!!

http://www.download.com/3120-20_4-0.html?qt=Quicktime&tg=dl-20&search.x=0&search.y=0&search=+Go!

Back