Is there a Neo2 BIOS that actually works?

finalgt

Supreme [H]ardness
I'm so sick of this. For the longest time my Neo2 Platinum would refuse to run the memory at the correct speed, regardless of BIOS version...updating via Live Monitor doesn't change it at all. What happens is, when I set "Max Memory Clock" to 200mhz, it always puts the memory divider at 5:4 for some stupid reason. I've decided to run at stock speeds again (200x10) but my memory is running at 167.5 mhz because the stupid "max memory clock" doesn't work at all.

Is there a third-party BIOS that fixes this problem? I don't want to run the HTT at 250 just to get the memory clock I should be getting now.

My understanding is all of the bioses work as they should, you just seem to have a problem setting up the memory divider properly.

I should be able to set it to 200mhz and be done with it. Unless there's a secret password I have to type in somewhere? Maybe I have to put in the Konami code at the POST screen?

You have something else that you are missing to do or are not getting done correctly to save the settings. Ive used about every variant of the Bios for this board via MSI as well as others and no probs.

the reason i ask is because it seems like your using 2 sticks and they are placed wrong.
the manual was wrong about the placement for dual channle use.
slot 1&2= dual @ 200(400)
1&3= dual at 166(333) unless your running single sided sticks.

I'd also recommend flashing the bios from a boot disk, and use the different switches for awdflash when doing it. I'd post those switches for you, but they're on my home computer. so if no one gets them up before I do, PM me..

the switches will make sure that the old bios is wiped out completely.. alot of times remnamts of old bios get left behind if you don't use the different switches, and can cause strange issues like yours..

I for one, haven't had any problems witht the bios's on my Neo2, and I've used 1.3, 1.4 and now 1.8..

It's a 2x512 configuration, in slots 1 and 2. Placing the memory sticks in slots 1 and 3 causes the system to go blank on boot; the BIOS never even displays, even when the memory clock is set to Auto.

It's moot though, I decided to just screw it and run 250x8, undervolted to 1.15V. Even then, the BIOS reports the memory speed as 210mhz for some reason, when CPU-Z reports it as 200...whatever. Last time I'm buying an MSI mobo, though.

Back