Is there a Multi-function printer that prints page numbers on scans?

BBCMember

n00b
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
41
I have a client who will be doing a lot of scanning, and he said that he would like a multi-function printer that prints page numbers on each scan for multi-page scans. I have never heard of this, nor do I think it exists. However, I would love to be pleasantly surprised.

Here is what he would like in a multi-function laser printer (he does a lot of B&W printing and scanning):

Heavyduty scanner (tray for letter and tray for legal)
Capacity to scan up to 500 page documents with autofeeder
Laser printing B&W
Wants to have it collate the pages
Printer should print page numbers on scans that have multiple pages

The printer that I found that got the best reviews and does most of this is the Brother MFC-7840W: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16828113303

Is that the best laser printer for the job if the business is a startup and they are working with a limited budget?
 
Sounds like a multi-function business/industrial copier/printer territory with the 500 pg doc feeder. Visit some copier/business machine showrooms for demos.

I've recently run a a pair each of Canon IR7095's and IRC 5185's for a print/blueprint shop. Scans to file (push/pull), via TWAIN, FTP, SMTP. Has a doc-feeder for ~150 sheets, simplex/duplex. It can also print page numbers. Not to mention the machines are solid and damn quick.

Another solution is to scan in said docs and place the page numbers using Acrobat. Then they will print. I've done it for lawyers. The Canons can also do it while making copies also.

The previous gen Canons (40-60 ppm) that I ran also had these features. I'm sure the Xerox machines can do it nowadays, but it was from 8 years ago in that 40-60 ppm era.
 
Back
Top