Is there a method to create mirrored case windows?

Limp Gawd
So I just learned about the PC Master Race edition of the Lian-Li O11 Dynamic case (pictures: https://www.lian-li.com/o11-dynamic-pcmr-edition/ , this chromed out one is pretty sweet too: ).

I like the idea of it looking nice and clean and mirrored when all the rgb tom foolery is turned off, and being able to induce disco 1337ness when it's on.

But I didn't snag one of them when they were available for $160, and I don't know that I'm willing to spend the $400 they're going for on ebay.

So question to all you case modders: is there a way to get equivalent mirroring on case windows? Can I go find an "all glass case" and apply some sort of mirror film that will be transparent when light comes out behind it? Something like the Thermal take Core P5 or P8 perhaps?

If you use a lighter "solar film" for windows, it should be partially transparent if you have enough light in the case. I don't know what would be the best stuff to look for, though.

I reached out to Lian-Li support to ask them whether they just used a film on the o11 case for the PCMR edition, or if it's some sort of custom glass. I'll report back if they respond.

In the meantime I googled a bit, and I think it might just be a "two way mirror" set up they're using, something like this:
The company that made that video makes a reflective film that I think will do the trick. I think it's very similar to what you posted pimp_squeak, I think the difference is between tinting (how much light is let through) vs reflecting (how much light bounces off)... those two principles may actually be the same thing but I am not positive yet...

*continues to read and learn*

You can wait a bit, seems they will make another 2k of them due to popular demand.

Back