Is there a hdmi TO hdmi + toslink adapter?

Cali3350

Supreme [H]ardness
Essentially I have everything in my house (consoles, cable box, tv, computer, etc) hooked into a amplifier + speaker system that then sends the video to my tv via a hdmi out (it ONLY has 1 HDMI out port, everything else is input). I just got some turtle beach PX5's, and would like to hook them into the entire system. Since the amplifier I currently use only has a HDMI out, I was wondering if something exists that will allow me to use the HDMI out, convert that into a TOSLINK + HDMI signal, so the HDMI can continue to go to the TV, but the PX5's can be hooked in at just the one point and (hopefully) work with everything. Does that make sense?

Well... nevermind. Sorry to bother anyone. My TV has optical out that seems to just work as a crossover itself, so there is no issue.

The TV will most likely only be putting put 2 channel PCM, not multichannel. If that's OK then you're golden.

The TV will most likely only be putting put 2 channel PCM, not multichannel. If that's OK then you're golden.

Seems to be outputting DD5.1 just fine. Watching the Tostitos Bull right now and my PX5's are receiving a DD signal :)

I think it'll output 5.1 for TV from it's internal tuner, but for it's HDMI inputs you get stuck to stereo. If that's not the case I'm interested because every TV I've seen in this configuration has output stereo.

Back