Is there a hardware testing software that...

RADRaze2KX

Weaksauce
I'm wondering if there's a hardware testing software that can be pre-configured to run the same tests with the same parameters on multiple devices upon execution.

Basically I'm looking for a software that will test the harddrive for bad sectors, test for internet through ethernet, test for internet through wireless (automatically connecting itself to a wifi network using pre-specified credentials), and generate a report on what passed and what failed.

These are basic needs, I imagine a software that can do those three things would have everything else I'm looking for.

I ask this question because I'm about to reload 80+ laptops and would really like to automate the three above tasks; the rest (memory, video, sound) will be assumed working since they're all decommissioned corporate returns that were pulled from a working environment.

What do you intend to do with all those laptops?

Hey Skillz, Company A sold them to Company B with blank harddrives; Company B sells open-box TV's and refurbished corporate laptops. Guess who got chosen to repair and test all the laptops for a price-per-laptop-specified-by-the-repairman fee? :)

(Unrelated, I'm supposed to be moderating on your site but have been swamped with my new second job, and my two freelance jobs... I'll pop over first chance I get and moderate away. Thanks)

Ah okay, was hoping you was maybe selling them on the low-low. I need a cheap laptop so I can handle business when I am away from my desktop.

As for the site, moderation is slow. It doesn't really get that active. I only have to approve maybe 5 - 6 posts per week, if that. File removals does get a good bit of action sometimes however.

I think I've settled on creating a batch file using netsh to import settings and reboot the machine. Haven't tested it yet, but the batch file will suit my purposes for other things I need it to do. Thanks man :)

I actually did even simpler, and the process was fast.

Since they were all Dell Latitudes, I install the OS, apps, and wireless settings onto a harddrive, used Ghost to put that image onto 6 thumb drives and cloned it to the other 51 laptops. The initial process took ~2.5 hours, but each image took about 10 minutes. I was done pretty quick. A few were missing drivers but I had them all done in about 7 hours total. Got paid already. Keeping the drives for the next time, this will wind up being a seasonal ordeal. Thanks Skillz

Back