Is there a good Free spam filter for Outlook?

I route all my stuff though a gmail account. That way it catches the spam and makes for a very nice web-mail option when I'm away from my outlook machines.

In what setting?

A border device that strips out all your spam before it hits your computers is always superior to software solution.

There are free updates for the built in spam filter that you get from windows update. You need to make sure your windows update is turned on for other Microsoft products. If your on XP you choose "Upgrade to Microsoft Upgrade" at the update screen (it's on the right). If your on Vista, there is a check box under Update Settings.

I know they give out free updates for Windows Mail also.

I see them coming in for Windows Mail, but I don't see an Outlook spam filter.
You need to make sure you have Microsoft Updates on, not just Windows Update. If you have Vista, there is an option in Windows Update under "Change Settings" on the left. Check the "Use Microsoft Updates". If you have XP, when you run Windows Update, you need to install Microsoft Update from the link on the right side of the screen.

These methods incorporate the stand-alone Office updater service so that it runs at the same time as Windows Update.

Back