is there a free trial for WOW?

iirc there is one given out with each copy of WoW. Looking for one from a friend would probably be your best bet, maybe some one here will be nice enough to give you one :)

Darakian is right. there's a 10-day trial with every retail copy of the game. I've used it before.

Great timing. I Just read on the login screen today, that US subscribers to World Of Warcraft will be recieving guest passes in there in-game email inbox, in the upcomming weeks. So you are in luck, soon there will be a rash of 10 day trials people will have access to.

I would give you my 10 day trial, ... but Im a Canuck ... so I dont get one.

The collector’s edition of WoW came with a free 10-day trial. Basically the CE came with a CD version, a DVD version of WoW, a regular CD key, and the trial CD key. You give the version of the game to someone you know and the trial CD key. However when you sign up, you still need to put a credit card in.

After the trial is over you either purchase the game, or can't continue. Also the trial version restricts certain things, like not being able to use the auction house and not being able to level past 20.

I got an email for recruit a friend. A 10 day free trial and I'd get 30 day credit too. You do need to enter a cc though. PM if you want it. Oh, and you'd need to get the cd's from someone to install it.

edit: I misread my emai, it's a 10 day trial, not 30. I only read 1st paragraph and I thought it meant 30 for both people.

Dear World of Warcraft® Subscriber:

You are eligible to receive a FREE 30-day credit* to your World of Warcraft subscription when you recruit a friend using the Guest Pass key below. This key is trackable back to your account and if your friend becomes a World of Warcraft subscriber and pays for their first 30 days of subscription time, your account will be automatically credited with a free 30 days. It's that simple.

Here's how it works:

1. Give a friend the Guest Pass Key provided below.

2. Install World of Warcraft on his or her machine using your Game CDs (your friend will not need the CDs to play the game after installation)

3. Have your friend enter the special Guest Pass Key below when prompted during the installation process (the Key can only be used once).

4. Your friend will have 10 days of free access to World of Warcraft.

5. When your friend completes their 10 free days, they will be given an option to upgrade to a full version of World of Warcraft by purchasing a retail copy of the game.

6. When your friend upgrades to a full version of World of Warcraft and then pays for their first month of World of Warcraft, your account will be automatically credited with a FREE 30-day World of Warcraft subscription.

7. Offer expires January 1st, 2006. Your friend must upgade to the full version of World of Warcraft on or before this date in order for you to receive the free 30 days of World of Warcraft subscription time.

Back