is there a difference between which mobile athlon?

lurker-drop

Limp Gawd
Joined
Oct 31, 2003
Messages
141
Looking to buy a mobile athlon with a barton core because of all the buzz around it...

Is there a difference between how much overclocking you can do for 2400+, 2500+, 2600+ ?

I'm planning on getting the 2600+ since its only 9$ more than a 2500+... But I haven't heard anyone getting amazing overclocks on it...
 
the 2400+ is like $20 cheaper than the 2500+, and ive heard much better OCs from it. thats what I got so well see :D
 
True if its all in all the same I'm going to save my ass 20$ too and grab a 2400+

hoping to get atleast 2.5Ghz :)
 
2400+ has 1.45 v stock
2500+ has 1.25 v stock
2600+ has 1.45 v stock

2500+ is best as it has most headroom for OCing
 
Originally posted by ST|FFY
2400+ has 1.45 v stock
2500+ has 1.25 v stock
2600+ has 1.45 v stock

2500+ is best as it has most headroom for OCing


thats not true, most boards cant even provide as low as 1.25, and theyre pretty much all the same core.
 
It's a newegg typo... 2500+ is 1.45 just like the rest of em.
 
yup typo
ticked.gif
 
Question: I've read/heard that some nforce2 boards won't support mobile bartons, is this true? I'm somewhat disappointed in my overclock from my barton 2500+(fastest I can get is 2230mhz, and i'm watercooling :/ Temps are superb, but the chip just won't go faster), so I'm thinking of buying a mobile and seeing how my luck fares with that. I figure at worst I've wasted about $100(canadian), which isn't really all that much. At best I might get an extra 500mhz oc, which would be worth it IMO. Plus, I can probably sell the 2500+ to one of my friends.

Any info I've been able to find on my Asus A7N8X(PCB Rev. 2.0) doesn't tell me anything about running a mobile cpu, can anyone shed any light on this for me?
 
Originally posted by Spewn
Question: I've read/heard that some nforce2 boards won't support mobile bartons, is this true? I'm somewhat disappointed in my overclock from my barton 2500+(fastest I can get is 2230mhz, and i'm watercooling :/ Temps are superb, but the chip just won't go faster), so I'm thinking of buying a mobile and seeing how my luck fares with that. I figure at worst I've wasted about $100(canadian), which isn't really all that much. At best I might get an extra 500mhz oc, which would be worth it IMO. Plus, I can probably sell the 2500+ to one of my friends.

Any info I've been able to find on my Asus A7N8X(PCB Rev. 2.0) doesn't tell me anything about running a mobile cpu, can anyone shed any light on this for me?

the board prob won't recognize it, but it should work. i have a XP-M 2600 on the way. I'll make it work!
 
Back
Top