• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Is there a difference between the Audigy 2ZS's ?

Joined
Oct 14, 2004
Messages
1,020
This may seem like a dumb question but is there a difference between the Creative Audigy 2ZS / 2ZS Gamer / 2ZS Platinum. There are all the same card right? The only difference is that the Gamer comes with some aging games and the Platinum has a drive bay thingy? If this is the case do I need that drive bay thingy? As you can guess I know nothing about sound cards but I want to upgrade my old Soundblaster. I have the Creative Inspire 7.1 Speakers and all I need it for is gaming and I do alot of downloading of music from Ares and Meow and some FTP sites. Or should I forget the Creative cards and go for another 7.1 card alltogether? Is there a better one out there?
 
For gaming Creative is it. The cards are all the same- they jsut have different attachments, or software packages. The base drivers will do you fine.
 
The Platinum Pro is the only one which supports ASIO 2.0 drivers, supposedly.
 
xonik said:
The Platinum Pro is the only one which supports ASIO 2.0 drivers, supposedly.
yes and if you look at the pictures carefully, it also has a different set of inputs then the regular ZS and Platinum
 
I would just go with the Audigy 2 card. Only 55 bucks on newegg now and has many of the specifications that those cards have for a great price.
 
Sorry, I forgot about the Pro stuff. Luckily, it doesn't matter- and yes, the A2 for $55 is a steal. However, if you need 7.1, go ZS OR for music, well, if you rarely game, the M-Audio Revolution 7.1(find it on newegg) tends to outperform Creative.
 
Thanks Y'all for the heads up I guess I will go for the regular Audigy 2ZS because I don't want that drive bay thingy.
 
Back
Top