• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Is there a category for printers here?

shankle

Weaksauce
Joined
Sep 28, 2008
Messages
89
I've had it with HP Printers. Bad software, bad support, obsoleting
policy, warrenty happy, etc......

I just lost everything and my backup failed. Reinstalling the Officejet Pro l7580 printer was nothing short of a nightmare. The guy that manages their web site must be out to lunch as finding what you need is difficult.

Would like some suggestions for a decent all-in-one printer. Not Lexmark either. If you move this
thread I would like to know where you put it Please.
 
Last edited:
General Hardware is the right place for printers. However, since it's not an oft-discussed topic, we need you to answer some questions:

- What's your budget?
- What do you plan on using your printer for?
- How often do you use your printer?
- Do you want network/wireless connection(s)?
- Do you need a multifunction printer (scan/fax/copy)?
- Are there any particular features that you need (like an auto document feeder or ADF, built-in duplex, or two-sided, printing)?
 
I gone through many printers and I find Brother much more reliable than HP.

Don't chuck your old printer out just yet OP. Staples will take old printers and take off $50 on your printer purchase of $150 or higher. Grab a staples coupon $35 off on $150 purchases to stack.
 
to dtn107:
Will check out the brother printers and staples.

To Tirades:
Guess by now they ought to have the bugs out of the laser printers.
I would be looking for one that is an all-in-one printer.
Not interested in photography. Needs to print in gray scale as
well as color.
It would be connected to my home network of two puters with
ethernet. No wireless.
No special features like you mentioned.
Flat bed scanning.
 
With a fair amount of features I would expect to pay in the $300 to
$400 range.
 
Back
Top