Is there a 3GB GTX 660 (non-Ti) available or announced yet?

R3MF

[H]ard|Gawd
From the anand review:

"Like the GTX 660 Ti launch, partners have the option of going with either 2GB or 3GB of RAM, with the former once more taking advantage of NVIDIA’s asymmetrical memory controller functionality. For partners that do offer cards in both memory capacities we’re expecting most partners to charge $30-$40 more for the extra 1GB of RAM."

Want the large frame buffer for blender/cycles, so how about it?

Ehh, why would you even want a 3GB 660? The only reason I picked up my 3GB 660Ti was I got it on sale for only $6 more than I paid for my 2GB card, and it came with a backplate.

Ehh, why would you even want a 3GB 660? The only reason I picked up my 3GB 660Ti was I got it on sale for only $6 more than I paid for my 2GB card, and it came with a backplate.

Can I point you towards the OP, and in particular this quote:

Want the large frame buffer for blender/cycles, so how about it?

Hopefully that clears that up.........

Actually, the GTX 660 is a GK106 which has the same memory bandwidth than the GTX 660 Ti - which is a neutered GK104 (GTX 670, GTX 680), as we all know. So why not get 3GB if the dude wants 3GB? Although I'd personally save up for a GTX 670.

Last edited:
Can I point you towards the OP, and in particular this quote:

Hopefully that clears that up.........

Actually, the GTX 660 is a GK106 which has the same memory bandwidth than the GTX 660 Ti - which is a neutered GK104 (GTX 670, GTX 680), as we all know. So why not get 3GB if the dude wants 3GB? Although I'd personally save up for a GTX 670.

I understand the usage, but I don't see how the GPU is even going to be able to pull the 3GB without falling on itself....

completely worthless to get 3gb on this card (honestly same goes for the 660ti).

The only time you would ever even get ANYWHERE close to 3gb is in multi-screen gaming and at that point, you are going to need a stronger card than a damn 660 (or ti for that matter) to push the pixels.

I understand the usage, but I don't see how the GPU is even going to be able to pull the 3GB without falling on itself....

completely worthless to get 3gb on this card (honestly same goes for the 660ti).

The only time you would ever even get ANYWHERE close to 3gb is in multi-screen gaming and at that point, you are going to need a stronger card than a damn 660 (or ti for that matter) to push the pixels.

Unless he is using it for something other than games (he is) and it happens to be a program heavy on textures but not needing as much GPU power. I've seen people buy the 4GB super low end cards that have DDR3 on them for similar purpose.

Back