• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Is the X1800XT compatible?

Yep...and thats one of the only reasons I havent cancelled my 7800GTX 512 MB order yet: I don't know if Crosfire will work on an nVidia SLi motherboard and I don't want to take the gamble and have it not work.

Then again, I am not sure if ATi will even release X1800 crossfire boards....they seem to be dragging pretty badly.
 
BBA said:
Yep...and thats one of the only reasons I havent cancelled my 7800GTX 512 MB order yet: I don't know if Crosfire will work on an nVidia SLi motherboard and I don't want to take the gamble and have it not work.

Then again, I am not sure if ATi will even release X1800 crossfire boards....they seem to be dragging pretty badly.

y would you cancel one of those babies? They are insane.
 
Russ said:
y would you cancel one of those babies? They are insane.

I havent done it yet...but I am getting tired of waiting. It's been well over a month on back order.
 
I thought the crossfire mobos had a special chip of some sort on them.
 
From my understanding, it is possible to do CrossFire & SLI with the same motherboard, I think Intel is coming out with a chipset that will work with either, but I don't think that nVidia has certified it, if it ever would. I believe that ATI developed core logic for the chipset. And of course, it's only for Intel chips.

I would love to see a fully supported motherboard that supports both CF and SLI, but I guess there just isn't any reason for either ATI or nVidia to care.

Nonetheless, I've been VERY happy with my GTX 512 setup. It really has made gaming fun again. I ordered one launch day and another two weeks latter and it actually only took me three weeks from ordering the first to having both in hand.

I really wish nVidia had been able to produce more, and I guess that after next month, it will go bye bye. But I pretty much plan on holding onto to these until DX10 parts and Windows Vista come out.

Then its spend a lot of money on upgrades time again!

_____________________________________________________________
Windows Media Center 2005
Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe Motherboard
Athlon 64 X2 4800+
2GB Corsair 3500LL Pro Memmory
2x BFG 7800 GTX 512 OC in SLI
3x Maxtor DiamondMax10 300GB HDD in RAID-0
2x hp dvd740 DVD Writer optical drive | 1x Mitsumi FA404M 7-in-1 USB 2.0 card reader and floppy drive
Antec P180 case
Enermax EG851AX-VH 660W Power Supply
Samsung SyncMaster 213T 21" 1600x1200 LCD Monitor
 
Back
Top