Is the upgrade worth it?

Briguyatx

Limp Gawd
I am currently running an ATI X1800XT 512mb pci-e card on an ECS KN1 SLI lite motherboard, with an x2-3800 (S939) running at 2.4ghz with 1gig of Some corsair value ram.
What im trying to decide is, would upgrading to an E-VGA or any other brand 8800GTS or GTX be worth the $?

Im using a dell 2405FPW , and I prefer to run everything at native resolution, or in a window for certain applications (World of Warcraft). Would there even be a significant performance difference between the 8800GTS and the X1800 with the cpu im currently using?

Or would I be better off spending the 450-500.00 on 2gig's of DDR2 and a C2D with a board, and upgrading my video later. I really have no issues with the basic performance of the system, but lately it just seems like my games were going slower and slower.

To be honest, the game runs perfectly fine Full screen @ 1920x1200/8xaf/4xaa, averaging 50-60fps everywhere but Ironforge or 40 man raids when I leave player names on. What I would like is to maintain that level of performance while running in a window.

I think the problem youll run into is with warcraft you truly dont need a top of the line video card to run everything at max res with everything on. But you would see a framerate increase, just not one that you would notice. Although that might change in the burning crusade.

Or would I be better off spending the 450-500.00 on 2gig's of DDR2 and a C2D with a board, and upgrading my video later. I really have no issues with the basic performance of the system, but lately it just seems like my games were going slower and slower.

upgrade video later

If you have the money...Do it..

If not just wait for R600 has in store for us...

Briguyatx said:

To be honest, the game runs perfectly fine Full screen @ 1920x1200/8xaf/4xaa, averaging 50-60fps everywhere but Ironforge or 40 man raids when I leave player names on. What I would like is to maintain that level of performance while running in a window.
get the ram / cpu / mobo upgrade first if you really must upgrade something now.

Back