• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

is the SR2 worth it

Yeah, something coming soon is going to change that up a bit.

I'll believe it when I see the numbers. Hopefully SB does live up to the hype. Socket 1155 boards can be had fairly reasonably it seems. If the unlocked chips comes in at a decent price, I'll probably pick one up.
 
If it weren't for the opportunity to snag the español L5640's I would not have jumped hook, line, and sinker into an SR-2 build. I am glad I was in that window though and I could, because it let me migrate from 2 i7 boxen to 1 SR-2 boxen for not too much money and that's exactly what I wanted to do.
 
I'll believe it when I see the numbers. Hopefully SB does live up to the hype. Socket 1155 boards can be had fairly reasonably it seems. If the unlocked chips comes in at a decent price, I'll probably pick one up.

Don't know if I'll be doing any Sandy Bridge updates if what they say about the cutoff switch being present in the CPU is actually true. Might have to head back to the AMD side of the fence if stuff like that is true, just because. :rolleyes:

If it weren't for the opportunity to snag the español L5640's

LOL at the Spainish Xeons, Zero! :D
 
I'll believe it when I see the numbers. Hopefully SB does live up to the hype. Socket 1155 boards can be had fairly reasonably it seems. If the unlocked chips comes in at a decent price, I'll probably pick one up.
This might be an indicator of things to come from SB: http://www.fudzilla.net/processors/...ent?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Don't know if I'll be doing any Sandy Bridge updates if what they say about the cutoff switch being present in the CPU is actually true. Might have to head back to the AMD side of the fence if stuff like that is true, just because. :rolleyes:
Agreed. I'm still using a 5 year old AMD Opteron as my main system. We'll see what happens with LGA 2011 later in the year.
 
LOL at the Spainish Xeons, Zero! :D

My goal is to find something funny every time instead of posting ES. :) Dunno why, but Español came to me this morning. :D I guess that's why all our L5640's oc so high - they're loco! :D LMAO
 
@Musky - re x5660 and up - in complete agreement.

Possible and useful multiplier options:

x5650 - 22x, 20x, (no 21x)
x5660 - 23x, 21x, 20x, (no 22x - and really could use it)
x5680 - anything you need 20-26x, talk about overkill.




Hmmm, a 4th SR2 for a tempting price.... (kidding! - I really shouldn't... should I?:eek:)

Of course you should:D
 
Back
Top