Is the SG08 the upgrade to the SG13

Just wondering can the SG08 be considered and upgrade to the SG13?
or hardly any thermal advantage?

Thanks.

Hi,

it is basically the other way around. The SG13 is newer than the SG08 and includes stuff like easier watercoolability. There are two versions though, one with a front vent that has good ventilation and one with a metal front plate that looks nice, however l I wouldn't recommend that version for a high end gaming system due to the limited airflow.

Hi,

it is basically the other way around. The SG13 is newer than the SG08 and includes stuff like easier watercoolability. There are two versions though, one with a front vent that has good ventilation and one with a metal front plate that looks nice, however l I wouldn't recommend that version for a high end gaming system due to the limited airflow.

Thank you,

And yes the one with the front mesh is the one I would get.

I've built in both those cases. While it's true that SG13 is more thought trough, the build quality is drastically reduced compared to the SG08. That metal front plate; it's plastic on the SG13 while it's a thick alu plate on the SG08. I'm not sure, but it seems the sheet metal is thinner on SG13, making it easy to strip the thread holes and it just seems to flex and bend much more than SG08...

But hey, it's smaller and cheaper and once it's assembled it's not bad.

Last edited:
Back