Is the Maze 2 up to snuff?

Dijonase

Gawd
I just bought used watercooling gear (MAZE II waterblock, Ehiem 1048 pump, and dd.com Super Cube radiator). It's my first foray into watercooling, so I'm going to set it all up and see how it runs before I do anything else.

OK, so once I get everything running, how beneficial would it be for me to start upgrading parts? I looked around on dangerden.com to check out the waterblock and it looks to be discontinued. How much better would my temps be with a newer more "state of the art" waterblock? I was checking out the MAZE 4, which appears to be on sale at the moment over at dangerden.com.

I guess I'm just wondering whether spending the money for newer parts (not just the waterblock, but the radiator and pump as well) would really be worth it.

maze2 wont do too well with modern chips. youre much better off with a maze4 or above.

kronchev said:
maze2 wont do too well with modern chips. youre much better off with a maze4 or above.

Well damn, my purchase hasn't even been shipped yet and I'm already looking at ditching some of the parts and upgrading. What about the radiator? I can't really find any info about it. I just figured this was a good starting point, but if I can put a bit more cash in and up performance considerably then I might have to upgrade.

EDIT: So how significant a difference in temps would there be between a MAZE2 and a MAZE4 (or a MAZE 3 for that matter)?

Dijonase said:
Well damn, my purchase hasn't even been shipped yet and I'm already looking at ditching some of the parts and upgrading. What about the radiator? I can't really find any info about it. I just figured this was a good starting point, but if I can put a bit more cash in and up performance considerably then I might have to upgrade.

EDIT: So how significant a difference in temps would there be between a MAZE2 and a MAZE4 (or a MAZE 3 for that matter)?

I think Ive heard the Super Cube was really damn awesome. Honestly they were long gone before I started paying attention to the w/c scene so i'm not completly sure

as for the block difference, probabily 5, 6C.

http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/dangerden_maze_4_waterblock5.php

Thats maze4 vs maze3...obviously the maze2 is going to perform less than the maze3. draw your own conclusions

kronchev said:
I think Ive heard the Super Cube was really damn awesome. Honestly they were long gone before I started paying attention to the w/c scene so i'm not completly sure

as for the block difference, probabily 5, 6C.

http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/dangerden_maze_4_waterblock5.php

Thats maze4 vs maze3...obviously the maze2 is going to perform less than the maze3. draw your own conclusions

Good to hear about the supercube.

About the MAZE 4. If I buy a MAZE 4 now will it be compatible when I decide to upgrade to a new Athlon 64? If I've already purchased the MAZE 2 and I don't want to buy the MAZE 4 only to require an upgrade when I get a new MOBO/CPU, which could be within a year. Although if the pump and radiator are good parts perhaps I can go with the MAZE 4 now and just upgrade the waterblock later. Any suggestiong?

Can anybody give me some advice? My conundrum: I just bought a MAZE2 used, which I haven't even gotten yet. I'm now looking at the MAZE4. Will the MAZE4 give me temperatures that are significantly much better thah the MAZE2? I'm not really worried about the money, but will I see significantly better temps to validate the purchase?

the performance difference would most likely be worth it. also, i think with the maze 4 you can just buy a new top and it'll fit the a64. mod the maze2 to fit your video card or something:D or give it to me and i'll use it on my chipset;) good luck.

Back