Is the HP w2007 a bad choice?

NeuroMaster

Limp Gawd
I'm looking into a LCD widescreen monitor. PC gaming will be my primary focus. I also like to watch DVDs on my computer - the rest of the stuff I do isn't that demanding - web browsing, word processing etc. My desired price range is in the neighborhood of $250-300.

After spending a day or two poking around reviews and forums on the net, I've got my eye on the HP w2007. Is it a bad choice? By that I mean given my requirements, is there another monitor that's pretty clearly a better value for the money? And on a peripherally related note, am I being shortsighted not to step up to a 24" model that can do 1080p?

I'm looking into a LCD widescreen monitor. PC gaming will be my primary focus. I also like to watch DVDs on my computer - the rest of the stuff I do isn't that demanding - web browsing, word processing etc. My desired price range is in the neighborhood of $250-300.

After spending a day or two poking around reviews and forums on the net, I've got my eye on the HP w2007. Is it a bad choice? By that I mean given my requirements, is there another monitor that's pretty clearly a better value for the money? And on a peripherally related note, am I being shortsighted not to step up to a 24" model that can do 1080p?

At that desired price range, a step-up to a 24" would be a disaster unless you could Newegg the the Westy 2410NM which you can get for 375 or something after MIR.

I personally prefer the 20" panels over the 22", they seem to be sharper. I'm not sure what the panel type is for the HP, but I'm assuming it's TN. A TN panel would be fine unless you are image quality junkie when you watch movies/play games. TNs are faster and better for gaming.

Look in the sticky thread for panel types and decide what you want, then go from there.

Yeah, if I went to the 24" models I'd be planning on spending an appropriate chunk of change, not the same kind of thing I'm considering for the smaller monitors.

Back