• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Is the Droop Mod worth it?

woolly

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jan 4, 2002
Messages
1,436
I have P4 2.8C @ 3.42GHZ with a P4C800 motherboard and Kingston HyperX PC4000 RAM at Dual Channel.

I am having trouble getting past 3.42GHZ without the computer hanging at Prime95.

I have got the POT's for the droop mod and I was wondering if it was worth doing and if it would help at all for me to reach a higher overclock.

thanks for your input :)
 
I'd say it would be worth it if you can establish the voltage is holding you back. Say its drooping too low on load and causing instability, maybe try boosting voltage a bit higher so it droops to a normal level and see how it handles that. I'm in same situation as you but I never got around to doing the mod.
 
Back
Top