is the default torture test with prime95 WRONG@!!!

stablity is in the beholders eye..

If 2 years from now a game releases that you really wanna play but it has a recommend 4ghz proc to run. So you oc your 3.2c to 4ghz and it wont run 3dmark or prime but it plays the game flawlessly

Is it stable to you? your mom can use word perfectily and you can be on aim just you cant benchmark.

True its not "stable" but for what you do, it is.

I dont believe a word he says that prime 95 is wrong

like i said its in the beholders eye.

even his 2200 at stock still fail after 6 hours.. 100% stable? i think not!

unless he'll be willing to spend thousands on single system.. also how often do you run your cpu to 100% load for the whole day?

Originally posted by ocphangaz
also how often do you run your cpu to 100% load for the whole day?

When running prime silly :p jk

His post is wrong. 100% cpu utilization is 100%. Setting the priority of the program to 10 does not make any real difference in the executions just the scheduling that the OS does. So his point makes no sense.
As for "stable" you have to first define the word to be able to say if a computer system meets the requirements.
If prime gives you a failure on a test that means that your cpu does not calculate the fast fourier transform of known values right. I hope if your comp does not pass prime you are not doing any kind of distributed computing (as SETI or folding). Because your results could be wrong.
In the end if you are a casual gamer that doesn't do anything important on his computer then prime passing is not of great importance. But there are many that do or might.

Originally posted by ocphangaz
even his 2200 at stock still fail after 6 hours.. 100% stable? i think not!

unless he'll be willing to spend thousands on single system.. also how often do you run your cpu to 100% load for the whole day?

i run folding @ home on all my machines 24-7 meaning constant 100% cpu load

no problems here :p

what i mean is OTHER than running tests... how often you used up 100% for 24 hours in normal usage? other than seti or folding of cause...

Back