Is the Creative Audigy 1st generation junk?

mannyman

2[H]4U
Just wondering if it was or not, That and the drivers are terrible.

I just like the breakout box.

Will the SB0090 Audigy be better than the VIA one on my mobo?

If...and ONLY IF you can get drivers working properly I'd say its definitely better.

Should have better quality, no CPU load, and less interference.

Hell, if anything just hook it up, see if you can get it working and if so test for yourself! :)

But yeah, I'd say its better, for sure!

Last edited:
Well I was asking due to the age of it, But I guess it should be better and hell I only payed $12 for it.

Thanks.

I have had no problems using the Audigy in W7.

What drivers are you using the windows 7 drivers are not working for me, So I think ill try the vista drivers?

EDIT: None of the drivers are working for me, They keep saying they can't find a supported product and the auto installed ones say that sound works but alas it does not.

EDIT Some more: Well I got the sound card working good Its a bit clearer. From what i can tell the breakout box doesn't do anything yet...

Last edited:
If it can't find the product, check Creative's site for 'product information' update module for Windows 7 or something.

This link should take you to the drivers. They have a Windows 7 driver but the product recognition might be something different.

Try this Product ID Module Update. It's under the X-Fi section and says it only supports X-Fi products but probably wouldn't do any damage to try. I couldn't find an Audigy equivalent. :\

If it can't find the product, check Creative's site for 'product information' update module for Windows 7 or something.

This link should take you to the drivers. They have a Windows 7 driver but the product recognition might be something different.

Try this Product ID Module Update. It's under the X-Fi section and says it only supports X-Fi products but probably wouldn't do any damage to try. I couldn't find an Audigy equivalent. :\

Thank you, I ended up finding a package for quite a few audigy models and it fixed it for me.

Back