Is the board DOA dead or cpu?

wilson502

Limp Gawd
Well guys, i stripped my cousins computer down to the CPU/HSF, and i reseated the HSF and CPU, and took the mobo outside the case. Fired it up, the fan turns on but no beep, and it doesnt post at all. Theres no signal going to the monitor either. I plugged in the speaker both ways, that didnt change at all. Resetted the cmos settings, nothing. BTW this is an MSI socket 939 board. It has the K8T800 chipset on it. The CPU is an AMD 939 3200+. Im stumped here.

ok, take it all the way apart again reseat the cpu, heatsink double check all cable connects. make sure the memory addon cards etc. are properly seated and do a boot again
double check the cmos battery
if still no luck do a deep clear of the cmos - set it to clear, remove the psu connection and the motherboard's battery. let stand for at least 30 minutes plug everything back in and see if it will go then...
Give more specs (psu, vid card, sound etc.) so I can suggest more...

too late, i already took the motherboard home with me, ive been tryin to figure it out all day. I cleared the CMOS countless times to no avail. It just does nothing only thing that works is the cpu fan, thats bout it.
The PSU is an enermax 370W noisetaker with dual 12V rails. The sprakle 460W EPS PSU i originally got was DOA.
The Video card is a XFX 6600GT.
Sound is an audigy 2 ZS
Memory is Corsair PC 3200

board is dead. :rolleyes:

Before rma, try clearing CMOS by disconnecting all power AND pulling out the battery :D

i didnt pull the battery, i did the jumper thing, everything is at my grandmothers house, which is clear across town, im gonna RMA the board, cpu, and the old PSU.

CPU is fine, I am sure 99.9999% :D it's the mobo ;) If i were u I'd try that CPU with another mobo... u can find that easy :D

Back