Is the 8800GT really out of stock almost everywhere for now?

I think it just sold out then...

Cause i ordered one like 15minutes ago.

Sorry for being a noobie lol..

That thing is getting sold out everywhere. =(

It gets sold out, they get a new shipment, then they sell those. Be patient and good things will come.

BTW the HotDeals forum is only for...hot deals. :rolleyes:

uh, why don't you check at newegg, i think they just restocked the card cuz i seen some left when i check out stuff this afternoon

But the pricing.... sucks. Everyone is slapping a healthy 50-100$ over MSRP.

My local BB has them in stock on the shelves. Like 20 of them for 299 I think...

A few of my local best buys have the BFG version in.... but they usually only have one card...

RE: Best Buy. I went there for some office stuff yesterday....

NONE (on the shelves at least), in the THOUSAND OAKS, CA store. Like every other e-tailer/retailer, they seem to sell out as fast as they stock them since they've been in & out of stock in that store multiple times since release. Still waiting for stock levels to go up + more "normal" pricing online @ Newegg and company. I'm figuring the upcoming ATI release may temper the buying frenzy some - assuming they don't suck ass of course. Good enough I might go back to ATI again even ;).

I don't believe that ANY BB has 20 of them sitting on the shelves given EVERYWHERE sells as quick as they come in. Perhaps you saw like a stack of 8600GT boxes of something? I did notice all BFG boxes were similar, and the model fonts a bit tough to discern unless close up...The T.O. store had ***TONS*** of lesser cards.

MWave, *according to their website*, has them in stock for $289 + shipping. Unfortunately, right now it's pay marked up prices or wait.

I find it really annoying that you basically cant find them ANYWHERE..what is the deal with NVidia and all its makers of the card. What is so hard about keeping up with the demand. I mean out of like 6makers of it I am sure they could all push out enough but this is ridiculous.
I wanna build a new PC and who knows when i will ever be able to find one

Keeping up with demand would mean market saturation, lower prices and possibly overstock. Why would any well run business want such a thing? :cool:

I get the feeling they're trying to sell more of the obsolete, higher-priced 8800gts before they release the more better cheaper 8800gt again. Not based on any real knowledge, just a guess.

Keeping up with demand would mean market saturation, lower prices and possibly overstock. Why would any well run business want such a thing? :cool:
keeping up with demand and not oversaturate is not hard..i mean it almost seems like right now they only release 10 a week for sale.

I picked up two 8800gt BFG cards (last two I could find in chicagoland area) at BestBuy locally on Monday night with the 12% off rewardzone coupons. $264 out the door. Ebayed them last night for $335 and $340. :)

Yeah, thats how the world works, its all about the money, but hopfully after this rush goes down the prices will also fall. I heard it would be down to 200 by xmas :D

[ T ] A C O;1031663617 said:
this was your 2nd.
Why would you post something like that? Keep your dumbass comments to yourself.

I picked up two 8800gt BFG cards (last two I could find in chicagoland area) at BestBuy locally on Monday night with the 12% off rewardzone coupons. $264 out the door. Ebayed them last night for $335 and $340. :)

This is exactly the type of stuff I hate. Creating artificial demand by buying a product you don't need and then keeping someone who would use it from buying it at regular price. Then again the people who bought them for that price are stupid as well.

At sane prices I'd say so...

gtstfo1qk9.png

gtstfo2xb6.png

This is exactly the type of stuff I hate. Creating artificial demand by buying a product you don't need and then keeping someone who would use it from buying it at regular price. Then again the people who bought them for that price are stupid as well.

Artificial demand? BS. You hate that nvidia doesn't produce enough cards before they go on sale. This seems to be the issue with the last few major cards with nvidia. If they would take maybe another month to get more cards out then we wouldn't be in this situation would we?

Supposedly Nvidia did a paper release to completely outst ATi's 70 and 50 card. They didnt want to stomp them after they released it they wanted to relase their's first.

Also supposedly Nvidia is now sending out thousands of cards they were sitting on, if anything we should start seeing stuff in the next week or so.

Especially if this supposed December 3rd release is gonna happend with the new GTS.

Supposedly reliable sources, my guess pure speculation.

Well, why does everyone have to buy the card on release? If you had a 7900 GTX card, you can hold onto it for a few more weeks. No manufacturer will make every single card that will be required for sale over the next three months to be ready on the first day. The economics of that would never work. And, the definition of a paper launch is to announce a product with retail availability in a couple of weeks (ahem, Intel QX9650 retail box). I was able to pick up an 8800 GT on launch day and I was not trying too hard.

QFT.

Count me out of buying one until the prices drop. Even still though, they are getting near GTX performance for over $150 less than the real deal high end board (not that I'm trying to justify what DriveEuro has done). If you're stupid enough to get ripped off then I have no sympathy for ya.

Mwave does not have them in stock. According to reports on ResellerRatings, the cards are all out of stock and Mwave is a lying sack of shit trying to score sales.

Unless it's on Newegg, I won't buy it. I want the card for my rig but I will have to wait because Nvidia is being slow as shit with their release of this awesome card.

I gave in and bought one off ebay. Still cheaper than a gtx but I definately over paid cant wait for it to get hereI

Mwave does not have them in stock. According to reports on ResellerRatings, the cards are all out of stock and Mwave is a lying sack of shit trying to score sales.

Unless it's on Newegg, I won't buy it. I want the card for my rig but I will have to wait because Nvidia is being slow as shit with their release of this awesome card.

like other post Mwave just confirmed with me to pick up (I selected willcall) :p

BFG claims to have this one in stock. Too bad it's a bare card and no game (I'm holding out for the free Quake Wars w/ EVGA.)

They did? I guess the 8800GT in my case just magically appeared out of thin air then... or is it made out of paper? *Ponders....*

Perhaps a more accurate statement would be that the 8800GT at the loudly heralded prices was, for the most part, a paper launch. Yes, a lucky few got it on launch day at somewhere approaching retail, but most people would have to pay through the nose to get it now, if they can find it at all.

At this point, I'm thinking of just skipping the 8800GT and going for the 8800GTS v2 (512MB/1GB) and going for it on launch day if it follows the post-launch bilking trends, unless I can be patient and wait a few months for either the 8800 GT or 8800 GTS v2 to go back to (and possibly under) MSRP. Otherwise, the 3870 is looking mighty tempting; not quite as powerful, but still much better than my 7800 GT, and the acoustics and power consumption make it mighty tempting.

I got stiffed trying to buy a BFG card from a UK shop (not starting a flame so I wont post the name).
They had to order it in from stock at another branch but somehow my order wasnt placed, all stock was gone 1 hr later. That caused a 2 day battle and made me go grrrr.
I'm smiling though cos I'll get an XFX if I can wait a week and that shop isnt getting my business :)
Luckily, The Witcher runs really well on an X1800PE so I should be able to hold out.

All this to play Crysis lol.

They did? I guess the 8800GT in my case just magically appeared out of thin air then... or is it made out of paper? *Ponders....*

This is exactly how Nvidia would like us to believe. They bring out a killer card, have just enough cards around to satisfy initial demand and then go out of stock everywhere.

So yeah basicly they can say it was a "hard launch". But it was just a hard launch which lasted only couple days and now there is no cards to be found in quantity. In my books this is not a hard launch, it just seems like Nvidias way of stomping the AMD 3850/3870 launch.

ps. To all people still thinking that these board manufacturers actually produce the cards (like Evga, BFG) they do NOT!

What they do is slap their stickers on a complete cards, apply their own warrantys, bundles and ship them out. Vast majority if not all of Nvidia cards are manufactured by Foxconn, much like Sapphire produces almost all AMD cards.

Correct me if Iam wrong.

Back