is the 5000+ x2 am2

I'd rather get an AM2 4800+... but those are super hard to find now and my wife would kill me if I get another computer part. I'm stuck with my s754 3400+ Venice. :)

yer wife needs to understand that you need an upgrade and that it may benifit her as well. "the quicker i get things done on my pc, the more time i can spend with you and the kids" lol

I ended up going with a 4600 after preordering a 5000 from outpost. I talked with a guy yesterday from outpost and he said they only received one in so far and there is 48 preordered with 125 to come in but it is basicly a myth so far since that order was supposed to come in back in july. The reason newegg has them is it was a batch that was going out to testers / reviewers so they ended up with a few of them hence the high price to make some good cash off it.

I find globalcomputer.com to have much better prices than newegg.com and not only that but the only two orders I have made from them have arrived in less than 36 hours.

p3ngu!n said:
I find globalcomputer.com to have much better prices than newegg.com and not only that but the only two orders I have made from them have arrived in less than 36 hours.
they've got as many 5000+ as newegg ....zero
at this rate I wouldn't be surprised if the x2 5200 show up before the 5000.

I checked out the 5000+ price on newegg ($599 btw) and noticed that new egg purged the comments on this CPU. Now there is only one comment and the last time I looked at this CPU there were 9.

The comments they removed were decent. Some good input on the product. not just bitching and whining on the price although some comments suggested that people compare prices and CPU's.

I'm going to build a new system from the gound up and the more I see from newegg about this one item the more convinced I am that all parts will not be from newegg.

yer wife needs to understand that you need an upgrade and that it may benifit her as well. "the quicker i get things done on my pc, the more time i can spend with you and the kids" lol

Awesome.

I have bought 2 5000+ CPU's from monarch in the past month.
They are only sold in their combo deals. The CPU is OEM.
You can purchase a decent mobo and 5000+ and a 3 year warranty rather cheaply.

Back