is the 5000+ x2 am2

WTF?!?!?

Isnt this processor suppose to be $369 or somewhere around there or am I thinking of something else?

im thinking its supposed to be around 370 or around that range of price

yea thats crap if their selling it for that high

Typical newegg price gouging.

No one else has them in stock, so they'll sell you one for twice what other sites are pre-ordering for.

I was gonna buy my entire new system from them, but this makes me really want to go somewhere else.

DaSmurf said:
Typical newegg price gouging.

No one else has them in stock, so they'll sell you one for twice what other sites are pre-ordering for.

I was gonna buy my entire new system from them, but this makes me really want to go somewhere else.

well it is just one item hehe well what about monarchcomputers.com? they should have some in stock

xgambetx said:
well it is just one item hehe well what about monarchcomputers.com? they should have some in stock

Heh, I wish. Newegg is the first in-stock location I have seen since I started looking for one back around the first week in august.

Directron is taking preorders for an estimated 8/22 shipment for $359, newegg is gouging people for $699.

Everyone else seems to top out at 4600+ X2's, at best.

So now I'm waiting for the DFI Lanparty UT NF590, which I expect the stock levels on 5000+'s will have stabilized by the time anyone gets the mobo.

DaSmurf said:
Heh, I wish. Newegg is the first in-stock location I have seen since I started looking for one back around the first week in august.

Directron is taking preorders for an estimated 8/22 shipment for $359, newegg is gouging people for $699.

Everyone else seems to top out at 4600+ X2's, at best.

So now I'm waiting for the DFI Lanparty UT NF590, which I expect the stock levels on 5000+'s will have stabilized by the time anyone gets the mobo.

monarchcomputers.com had them in stock 2 days ago hehe

I Ordered a combo from Monarch the day they announced the price cuts and payed 289 for my X2 5000

have had it for like 3+ weeks and it runs great.

600 bucks is WAY to much for that CPU - major gouge

lol @ newegg..

I got mine from monarch for $300. ;) Runs great at 3ghz oc'd.

I wonder what the heck is going on with AMD? I can't find a 5000+ anywhere in Canada! This processor was announced at the launch of socket AM2 and you still can't find it anywhere.

freeloader1969 said:
I wonder what the heck is going on with AMD? I can't find a 5000+ anywhere in Canada! This processor was announced at the launch of socket AM2 and you still can't find it anywhere.

Agreed :( Does anyone have something definitive in regard to availability in Canada?

Fionavar said:
Agreed :( Does anyone have something definitive in regard to availability in Canada?

NCIX!!! this site IS canadas Newegg!

Ncix.com
NCIX' 5000+ price

and they're playing hard to get too, they went on the sharade of "Were having a massive sale on AMD procs! BUY NOW!" which can be found here (note that list has changed alot)

so give it a while longer, price will come down, imho, the X2 5000+ performs as well as an E6600 in some examples, but usually a tad higher then the E6400.

this marketing stratigy just might pull it off for AMD, they can maintain a segment of the midrange market, course there profit margins are probibly now razor thin.

yeah, im gonna pick one of those up, sooner or later....

The problem Wizard is that the item is not in stock @ NCIX either - it merely states 'taking orders' :(

LoL, the reason why they are instock is because no one will buy them at that price.

Major Price drops on new egg.

The price dropped from $699 to ...... (drum roll) $599!!

AMD Prices the PIB at $301.

I've used newegg pretty exclusively, but this just shows me I need to be more careful when picking the vendors I use.

I've been waiting to buy one for over a month now and neweggs prices fluxiate on a daily basis. They finally got the 4800+ in today and its almost as much as the 5000+ that is just insane almost a 200% markup.

I've been reading there is timing issues with the ddr2 ram with the 5000+ does anyone know if this is true or not? If so would it be better to go with a 4800+ since it has a 1mb x 2 level 2 cache?

Your DDR2 will run a hair slower because of the odd multiplier on the 5000+, but you can just bump up the HTT speed a few MHz to make up for it so your memory is running at true DDR2-800 speeds. You won't notice a difference though if you just left it alone. The difference between the 4800 with 1mb cache per core is not very significant when compared to the 5000 with 512 cache per core. In benchmarks, the extra cache gives it a few extra points here and there, but overall, the 5000+ is faster in benches. (stock vs stock speeds) Only in certain tests the 4800 will pull ahead, but only by a few points. It would equate to less than 2%. Check out overclockers and tomshardware for the benchmark comparisons.

I called fry's again about availability.

They have 35 5000+ coming in today (supposedly) and 44 current back orders.

They are supposed have 100 more coming in on the 31st

$325.00 is the current price on outpost.com. I wonder how much money newegg makes from those CPU's sitting on their shelves.

What the hell is going on at newegg now the 4800+ is 729$ at that price you might as well go with an fx even the 5000+ is 60-70$ cheaper on their site. They make less sense by the hour with this pricing scheme...

zelpus said:
What the hell is going on at newegg now the 4800+ is 729$ at that price you might as well go with an fx even the 5000+ is 60-70$ cheaper on their site. They make less sense by the hour with this pricing scheme...

they have gone batshit crazy. Seriously in the last month alone they have really gone off the deep end with pricing on processors. If they cant do better than this they should just stop selling them.

X2 5000+ is now $799 on newegg. It's an arguably better decision to buy an FX-62 over that ($827)

Tytanium said:
X2 5000+ is now $799 on newegg. It's an arguably better decision to buy an FX-62 over that ($827)

doesnt matter. this is something that should be half the price. for 759, it's more than twice the price. Maybe they're waiting for something, who knows the reasoning.

But I feel sorry for all the people who have chimed in saying that they won't shop newegg over the last couple weeks because of this kind of thing. we know it can't hold on like this. Like the rest of us, I'd like to know the whole reason behind the massive hike.

edit: I remember a few weeks ago looking at the pricing charts thinking the 5000 was pretty darn sweet at 300 bucks. Newegg, just sell the darn things at a reasonable price, no reason to hold on to them.

yea im looking for the same one but i can't find it (other than new egg) i've looked aat monarch.

EDIT: the only way i can get one is if i get a MoBo with it? wtf?

Murtrude said:
yea im looking for the same one but i can't find it (other than new egg) i've looked aat monarch.

EDIT: the only way i can get one is if i get a MoBo with it? wtf?
yes. its oem. Thats what I did is bought the mobo/proc combo. =) I needed both anyhow since I was building an AM2 rig. They have pretty much the lowest prices on everything anyhow, or at least within a couple dollars. I got the warranty too.

i would get a combo but i can't choose this mobo so i think i'll get another, besides it only has a 1 MB L2 cache.

It doesn't look good ... I decdied I could no longer wait, so I went to the Core Duo 2 fwiiw ...

Maybe Newegg is trying to help AMD mask their processor shortages by raising the prices. This has been done before, not necessisarly at Newegg. High prices creates a low demand, giving AMD more time to build up a supply of chips. This is how we do it in the automotive industry, and pretty much everyone else as well. Once you have a surplus of product you drop the price to what the new supply/demand lvl is. Because of the surplus of product the price drops lower than originally called for and you look like a hero.

as of friday outpost has not recieved their order of 100 chips

neweggs price right now has dropped to what I believe is an all time low of 679 - only 354 less than the outpost.com price.

If this keeps up I might have to give monarch a try. I'm just not sure if they will use the zalman cool I want in the combo

grizzed said:
If this keeps up I might have to give monarch a try. I'm just not sure if they will use the zalman cool I want in the combo
What I did was just order it with the $9 hsf and went my own route. Its cheap enough. =)

gotta love newegg and their pricees. I think they have a 50% or higher markup on everything it seems.

Anavel0 said:
Maybe Newegg is trying to help AMD mask their processor shortages by raising the prices. This has been done before, not necessisarly at Newegg. High prices creates a low demand, giving AMD more time to build up a supply of chips. This is how we do it in the automotive industry, and pretty much everyone else as well. Once you have a surplus of product you drop the price to what the new supply/demand lvl is. Because of the surplus of product the price drops lower than originally called for and you look like a hero.

Though definitely plausible, since the chip was announced in May - this approach, I feel, would only alienate the customer ... regardless, the wait sent me looking for another product, as I need a rig now :? Ah market forces ;)

this is a $280 processor. The amount of greed being exuded by these companies is insane.

Back