is that artifacts ?

egyteam

Limp Gawd
sometimes while browsing or watching video, I see a green dot on the black color.

artifkp9.jpg

Unless you really turned down the font size in the browser they do kind of look like artifacts. There is probably a small part of your video card that is defective and causing them. Do they move around or are they always in the same location?

if I change the bar up or down, they dissapear.

it shows random and must be on black screen, max I saw on same time was 2 dots and I think it is always at the same place when I see them.

egyteam said:
if I change the bar up or down, they dissapear.

it shows random and must be on black screen, max I saw on same time was 2 dots and I think it is always at the same place when I see them.
your video card ram might be fooked up. i had to RMA my 7900gt because i had the same problem... better now :)

I have tested 3dmark06 and rthdribl and didn't notice any artifacts.

If you have an LCD monitor it could be stuck or dieing pixels ?

if they are always in the same place it is likely to be monitor pixels and they can be good for any colour except black or whatever colour its having problems with, so sometimes only certain types of background colours will make it show up.

Ive had red and green stuck pixels and black dead ones.

test your screen on a pure white background, then a pure black background and then red and then green and then blue.

those are the colours that will show up any dodgy pixels if you have any.

make a wallpaper in each of those colours and then go looking.

EVIL-SCOTSMAN said:
If you have an LCD monitor it could be stuck or dieing pixels ?

if they are always in the same place it is likely to be monitor pixels and they can be good for any colour except black or whatever colour its having problems with, so sometimes only certain types of background colours will make it show up.

Ive had red and green stuck pixels and black dead ones.

test your screen on a pure white background, then a pure black background and then red and then green and then blue.

those are the colours that will show up any dodgy pixels if you have any.

make a wallpaper in each of those colours and then go looking.
Dead pixels don't show up on a screenshot, it's a physical defect :p.

in two months, I only saw those 2 green dots 2 times.

one of them is today :)

I had the same thing happen to me; reinstalled my drivers and they were gone.

Back