is tere a tweaker's bios availible for the P5W DH Deluxe like the P5B

TheGoat Eater

[H]ard|Gawd
is there a bios for the P5W that unlocks the multi on conroes like the p5b's 0507 bios for the p5B? This will be my first Intel system and would like your input on which board to get - p5W or P5B -

THANKS IN ADVANCE

TheGoat Eater said:
is there a bios for the P5W that unlocks the multi on conroes like the p5b's 0507 bios for the p5B? This will be my first Intel system and would like your input on which board to get - p5W or P5B -

THANKS IN ADVANCE

Supposedly the 1405 beta BIOS can do this as well. The problem is that it is a beta and there are many reports of the BIOS having other issues. I have it, but I don't recommend using it just yet. (I haven't flashed mine with it at this point and probably won't.)

As far as I know, the BIOS's for both boards only unlock the multiplier downwards. This is almost completely unecessary for Core 2 CPU's as they already have such low multipliers.

Either the P5B Deluxe or the P5W DH Deluxe are excellent boards to use. If money is no object, or you plan on going with Crossfire in the future I would get the P5W DH. You can use Crossfire on the P965 based P5B Deluxe, but I am not sure if there are performance limitations considering that the second PCIe x16 slot only runs at x4 speeds.

all bios after 1305 support downward multis for c2d. and upwards for c2dx.
p5wdh for 6600/6700/6800
p5b for 6300/6400

bios -
advanced
cpu configuration page
default cpu ratio - set to disabled
ratio cmos setting - to whatever your little heart desires.

doyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
budayuhbudayuhbudayuh

My crossfire isn't working sincee I went to 1407. The option isn't even available. I could go back to my release bos but it has some bugs. So you guys like the betas?

Back