Is Sceptre a good brand?

I've enjoyed my Sceptre. I have the same model you are looking at. Plays games well. The contrast was a little high out of the box, but easy fixable. Colors are good, and the design is sexy. Got it when Newegg had it for $300 AR.

Egg has a poor return policy for monitors. Better if you can find it elsewhere.

Is Sceptre a good brand?

This is the LCD I was considering: http://www.compusa.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=3486473&CatId=2318

Since I need an inexpensive LCD and 1920x1200 or higher.:)

Good might be a bit much, but they aren't bad at all. I think decent is a pretty good sum up heh. I have never used one as my main display, but I have run into them several times at work and they are perfect for what you are asking: "an inexpensive LCD and 1920x1200 or higher.:)". You won't confuse them with a higher end display by any stretch, but yeah for an inexpensive but still acceptable option they are fine. If you have any experience with Viewsonic's Optiquest line I would rate them close to that.

Good might be a bit much, but they aren't bad at all. I think decent is a pretty good sum up heh. I have never used one as my main display, but I have run into them several times at work and they are perfect for what you are asking: "an inexpensive LCD and 1920x1200 or higher.:)". You won't confuse them with a higher end display by any stretch, but yeah for an inexpensive but still acceptable option they are fine. If you have any experience with Viewsonic's Optiquest line I would rate them close to that.

Thank you for that information.:D

The 22inch Sceptre I had got a while ago was nice until I noticed how much it sucked. All the black/dark areas had these... (I think I heard them called this) "dancing" or "jumping" pixels. Basically it was horrible for anything except viewing black word documents.

Maybe I had a bad experience, just passing it along.

Also, when I had gotten mine, many were complaining about wobbly stands, it didn't bother me much though.

Back