• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Is Sapphire headed down the crapper?

  • Thread starter Deleted member 80813
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 80813

Guest
Sapphire isnt doing to good in my book.
I built an Athlon64 system this spring with PCIe. Due to a funds shortage I had to go low on a video card to get up and running. I figured the X300 128mb Hyper mem would be on par with the 9600agp in my old system. What a dog it turned out to be. I come to find out it is NOT a 128mb card but only a 32mb! it gets 128mb by sharing system memory. I can see I am not the only one to bitch about it since they are labeling it this way now on both Sapphire and newegg.com.
Well last week I finally have some extra money and decide to get a Sapphire X800 256mb PCIe card. It comes today and the damn fan doesnt run right. After about half an hour it doesnt run at all any more. RMA back to Newegg for a refund since they are out of stock.
So now I am back to the craptacular x300 and I am out $15 in shipping on the x800. :mad:
 
Well, the X300 thing is a little sketchy, but every company is doing that. As for the X800 fan: it happens to every card maker. It's not the problems that make them a bad company, but how they deal with them when they do occur. You could also try RMAing to Sapphire themselves rather than returning to Newegg.
 
Yeah, I dont see anything wrong with your X300. I think that is the basis for the Hyper-memory, is for it to share resources with computer, for faster results or something like that.
 
icthus13 said:
You could also try RMAing to Sapphire themselves rather than returning to Newegg.

Nah, the last time I RMAed to the manufacturer I am still out $259 (no thanks to Linksucks)
 
Lazy_Moron said:
Yeah, I dont see anything wrong with your X300. I think that is the basis for the Hyper-memory, is for it to share resources with computer, for faster results or something like that.

I dont have a problem with the sharing of the memory, it is the fact they didnt disclose this up front. They do now since they must have gotten enough complaints.
 
Sounds like your problem is with newegg, so i dont get the thread title. Sapphire is the worlds largest manufacturer of ATI cards and motherboards including the main source for all OEM companies and every single X850 card. They're actually one of the single best brands you can get, on par with eVGA.
 
FanATIc said:
Sounds like your problem is with newegg, so i dont get the thread title. Sapphire is the worlds largest manufacturer of ATI cards and motherboards including the main source for all OEM companies and every single X850 card. They're actually one of the single best brands you can get, on par with eVGA.

Newegg? How are they to blame for a non working fan? Also they where the first to correct the 32mb/128mb thing. They were also very quick to offer an RMA. This is only my second one with them but if it goes like my first RMA it should not be a problem.
 
So is this hypermemory crap sharing system RAM with the video card? Sounds like DIME with AGP. And that was a worthless feature then and now.

I've owned a Sapphire X800XTPE and X850XTPE. Both were good cards, though I did replace the cooler on them. Not because they were defective, I just wanted something cooler.
 
Riptide_NVN said:
So is this hypermemory crap sharing system RAM with the video card? Sounds like DIME with AGP. And that was a worthless feature then and now.

I've owned a Sapphire X800XTPE and X850XTPE. Both were good cards, though I did replace the cooler on them. Not because they were defective, I just wanted something cooler.

I should have kept it and put on a better cooler. I ordered it without as I didnt know how much clearance I would need with the chipset cooler on my Asus A8N-E mobo. (I replaced the stock one with a Zalman passive.)
 
Hofy said:
Newegg? How are they to blame for a non working fan? Also they where the first to correct the 32mb/128mb thing. They were also very quick to offer an RMA. This is only my second one with them but if it goes like my first RMA it should not be a problem.

Misnaming a cards function would be on neweggs shoulders. I know this because the X300 Hypermemory from sapphire says HyperMemory on the top right of the box. Sapphire's products are clearly labeled. I'v had 2 since Feb, and this has always been at their site as long as i can remember:
http://www.sapphiretech.com/vga/x300-hype.asp

As someone said, fan problems arent really common but they happen to everyone. Your thread title just seems very stupid, its one of the best companies in the business and you're asking if they're going under because of a malfunctioning heatsink fan...

If you buy a Toyota and a windshield wiper breaks immediatly would you assume Toyota must be going out of business or they make shitty stuff? No logic in that at all. Anyway, just seems like a Trolling thread title to me thats all. Hope it works out for ya.
 
I am not trolling, I am just frustrated and needed to vent. I will probibly get another Sapphire this weekend and be all happy.
As for my X300 neither newegg or Sapphire had anything about shared memory on their sites when I bought mine. At least not in plain view. My card was also OEM no box.

OK I have vented and am ready to move on.

FanATIc said:
Misnaming a cards function would be on neweggs shoulders. I know this because the X300 Hypermemory from sapphire says HyperMemory on the top right of the box. Sapphire's products are clearly labeled. I'v had 2 since Feb, and this has always been at their site as long as i can remember:
http://www.sapphiretech.com/vga/x300-hype.asp

As someone said, fan problems arent really common but they happen to everyone. Your thread title just seems very stupid, its one of the best companies in the business and you're asking if they're going under because of a malfunctioning heatsink fan...

If you buy a Toyota and a windshield wiper breaks immediatly would you assume Toyota must be going out of business or they make shitty stuff? No logic in that at all. Anyway, just seems like a Trolling thread title to me thats all. Hope it works out for ya.
 
Back
Top