Is Samsung becoming Apple

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, stooping to a new low, mi7chy. Can't wait until you argue with intelligence, maturity and evidence, like an adult. You do realize you're only proving the points your critics make, right?

And a basic point of logic to shoot you down: simply making a product doesn't mean that it dominates. As of last fall, Samsung had sold 38 million Galaxy Notes since the series began two years earlier; in other words, that's just under 1.6 million Notes per month. As of this February, the company had sold 200 million Galaxy S phones in three years and eight months. That's over 4.5 million per month. Even if you toss out all the Galaxy S data from before the Note series arrived (the majority of Galaxy S sales were from 2012 on, so it won't make a big difference), that still means that most of Samsung's audience alone is fine without a giant screen or pen input. Add the rest of the smartphone industry and the Note is a small blip on a much larger radar screen. A good blip, but a small one.

Just put him on your ignore list. You would have more success telling a wall that it's a human than arguing here.

Stop being children. It will only get your posting privileges revoked.

Samsung had better pray that Google doesn't mess up Android, because that could threaten the Korean company's very survival.
I doubt it, samsung were arround long before the current smartphone craze and I'm sure they will be arround long after the craze is over.

I doubt it, samsung were arround long before the current smartphone craze and I'm sure they will be arround long after the craze is over.

Maybe, but I wouldn't count on it. The problem is that Samsung now makes most of its profits from its mobile division these days, so it would at least lose some of the $7 billion-plus earnings it gets every quarter as of late. There's also the question of the ripple effect on other divisions. Samsung gets parts for its phones by making bids to its own groups like it was just another customer. If it has to retreat to higher-end phones or even gets out of phones altogether (admittedly unlikely), its semiconductor and display businesses also take hits.

For all of that discussion, I'd say that we won't have a sense for Samsung's long-term fate for a while. It could have just hit a rough patch, or it could be forced to adapt to a new reality where it can't accommodate every phone niche, all the time.

One has to be naive to believe Samsung is going anywhere since they are very diversified in products and services some of which are:

Apparel, chemicals, consumer electronics, electronic components, medical equipment, precision instruments, semiconductors, ships, telecommunications equipment

Just semiconductors alone they're now partnered with Qualcomm to make Snapdragons. That's huge and a moneyshot to Apple's face.

http://www.digitimes.com/news/a20140709PD203.html

Actually, Apple is Dell and Samsung is Intel. Dell (Apple) has to source its core components from Intel (Samsung) and others so it's at a disadvantage in terms of cost, availability and logistics. Intel (Samsung) can use its components for its own products or sell it to a number of other companies HP, Lenovo, Asus, MSI, Gigabyte, etc. Dell (Apple) can disappear and it'll make no difference.

One has to be naive to believe Samsung is going anywhere since they are very diversified in products and services some of which are:

Apparel, chemicals, consumer electronics, electronic components, medical equipment, precision instruments, semiconductors, ships, telecommunications equipment

Just semiconductors alone they're now partnered with Qualcomm to make Snapdragons. That's huge and a moneyshot to Apple's face.

http://www.digitimes.com/news/a20140709PD203.html

What does that link have to do with anything you said? Unless you posted the wrong link...lol. Anyway, why would Samsung partnering with Qualcomm be a moneyshot to Apple's face? Why would Apple care about Snapdragons?

Agreed with Kenny. Besides, Apple is reportedly getting TSMC and GlobalFoundries to help with manufacturing in the long run.

The company isn't much like Dell at all, because it can switch chip manufacturers considerably more easily and isn't nearly as beholden to others' design cycles. Nearly every Android OEM is waiting on support for the speed boosts that come with ARMv8, because they're trapped waiting for Qualcomm to ship its first ARMv8 processors. You know what Apple did when it wanted an ARMv8 chip as quickly as possible? It designed one on its own schedule. That's why it has a dual-core 1.3GHz A7 that can run roughly as well as the 2.2GHz, quad-core Snapdragon 800 that was current at the time; it's still better in web browsing tests almost a year later.

Heck, Apple has even been responsible for some of Intel's moves. The first Ultrabook-grade Core 2 Duo processors? Higher-clocked Xeon processors? Thunderbolt? Intel made those at Apple's request, and Apple was directly involved in at least the Thunderbolt design process. It even gets short-term exclusives. When's the last time that Dell told Intel what to do, instead of the other way around?

And I'm pretty sure most electronics components of a PC come from Honhai/Foxconn... Oh wait... Didn't mi7chy say Foxconn isn't an electronics manufacturer? Tell us about that, please.

But sure wouldn't question mi7chy about all the markets Samsung is in... In fact, if you guys have any questions about Samsung for him to answer without taking about Samsung's competitors, I'm sure mi7chy would have a really good detailed answer about Samsung.

CHANG 3D, still waiting for you to provide a Foxconn semiconductor or electronics component part #. Well?

CHANG 3D, still waiting for you to provide a Foxconn semiconductor or electronics component part #. Well?

:rolleyes: Really?

Hon Hai Precision Industry Co., Ltd., trading as Foxconn Technology Group, is a Taiwanese multinational electronics contract manufacturing company headquartered in Tucheng, New Taipei, Taiwan. It is the world's largest electronics contracter manufacturer,[3] and the third-largest information technology company by revenue.[4]

Foxconn is primarily an original design manufacturer and its clients include major American, European, and Japanese electronics and information technology companies. Notable products that the company manufactures include the BlackBerry,[5] iPad,[6] iPhone,[7] Kindle,[8] Playstation 4, Xbox One, and Wii U.[9]

Foxconn has been involved in several controversies relating to how it manages employees in China, where it is the largest private employer.[10]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foxconn

Also if you're going to be completely pedantic, here is Foxconn's website:
http://www.fit-foxconn.com/products/ALPHABET.ASP
I linked you to the products section, on the left you'll note that it literally says: Search by: "Part Number"
I linked you to the list parts alphabetically. There are over 100 items.... on just the "A" page.
Really..... really? :rolleyes:
I'm waiting for you to reply now saying: "You still didn't link a product number"

Connectors aren't semiconductor nor electronics components. Do you even know what the difference is? That's like saying Walmart is a semiconductor company because they sell products containing those.

Apple is poop with a hint of chunks in my book I would never own a apple product.............................................!

No one has said Foxconn is a semiconductor company. So frigging ridiculous. Don't even dare imply anyone other than you are saying this bullshit.

Please explain why a motherboard isn't a electronic component again? Also, Foxconn has a near monopoly on all usb and ethernet connectors sold. Are those also not electronic components? I've just named three of Foxconn is most known for prior to be known as being Samsung's hated "Apple's manufacturer." Seriously, Foxconn is "the world's biggest electronics component maker." Actually, Google that exact quote in. To even debate that Foxconn/Honhai isn't an electronics component manufacturer shows us how much of a joke you are. Keep it up, dude.

Last edited:
CHANG 3D, take an electronics 101 class and ask the instructor if a connector is a semiconductor or electronics component. If you think Foxconn is a semiconductor company then you must think a pizza chef is a farmer.

Right guys, this just in:
USB connectors, audio connectors, pci-e connectors, RAM connectors, and motherboards with all those connectors that's on it are NOT, in fact, electronics components. My bad, guys. I forgot we live in Topsy Turd mi7chy Land. BTW, feel free to misquote me, cause evidently I'm "no one," because no one had even suggested anything about Foxconn manufacturing semiconductors before you. Yes, I'm the "no one" they're all talking about.

This is the best way to kill brain cells.

Right guys, this just in:
USB connectors, audio connectors, pci-e connectors, RAM connectors, and motherboards with all those connectors that's on it are NOT, in fact, electronics components. My bad, guys. I forgot we live in Topsy Turd mi7chy Land. BTW, feel free to misquote me, cause evidently I'm "no one," because no one had even suggested anything about Foxconn manufacturing semiconductors before you. Yes, I'm the "no one" they're all talking about.

This is the best way to kill brain cells.

Samsung is the only one who makes anything important. Seriously, just put him on ignore. You guys are going to get banned eventually. It's not worth it. Everyone has an opinion, even if they try to present it as a fact it still is just an opinion.

Samsung is the only one who makes anything important. Seriously, just put him on ignore. You guys are going to get banned eventually. It's not worth it. Everyone has an opinion, even if they try to present it as a fact it still is just an opinion.

Yea he's on my short list of ignored. You should see him vehemently defend AMD at every possible chance.

As far as Samsung is concerned, if their Mobile division tanks (and it will if they lose android) they at least have equity to stay afloat but it would almost ruin them.

Shhhhhh..... don't diffuse them. I wanna see someone get banned. Yeah.... I'm weird that way!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back