Is phase ok to run 24/7

Opteration

n00b
I plan to buy the OCZ phase, can that unit hold up to phase change, and can i run my processor on phase 24/7 without hurting something?

you shure can. they are pretty tough on the elictrical bill and not very silent but some people do it. if you do i would really suggest you install a heater to help prevent condinsation

You place a heater on the back of the motherboard behind the CPU to prevent condensation.

Erasmus354 said:
You place a heater on the back of the motherboard behind the CPU to prevent condensation.
You are very funny and clearly don't understand the entent of this OCZ phase unit.

If the block is installed correctly you will not have to worry about condensation. This unit is being made as a 24/7 unit. Only down side is it will only run one head meaning you must either buy two for CPU/GPU or watercool the balance.

Could someone explain what phase cooling accualy is? is it using liquid hitrigen to cool your CPU?

lockheed2266 said:
Could someone explain what phase cooling accualy is? is it using liquid hitrigen to cool your CPU?

It's the same thing your fridge and your cars AC uses. I'm not sure what coolant they'll use but it'll probably be tetrafluoroethane (we can't use freon anymore due to the whole ozone thing).

Short version:

It's "phase change" because your drawing the heat off your proccesor by converting a liquid coolant into a gas.

Long version:

You take a coolant like freon gas, run it though a compressor to increase the pressure, which also jumps up the temp. Then you take the warm, high pressure gas and pipe it though a condenser to cool it down. As it cools it turns into liquid and passes through a metering device. That warm high pressure liquid begins to expand and becomes a very cold low pressure liquid as it is passes into the evaporator coils or to the CPU block in this case. The now cold liquid will take lots of energy to convert into gas and the energy has almost no effect on the temperature of the coolant (it's nearly isothermal) until that phase change occures. So this liquid will absorb tons of heat off your CPU then the vaporized coolant flows back into the compress ... and around again.

R1ckCa1n said:
You are very funny and clearly don't understand the entent of this OCZ phase unit.

If the block is installed correctly you will not have to worry about condensation. This unit is being made as a 24/7 unit. Only down side is it will only run one head meaning you must either buy two for CPU/GPU or watercool the balance.

aww damn, so your saying that if im going from AIR to the OCZ setup that's coming out soon, i'll need to WC my GPU? i don't get it. why?

chambersc said:
aww damn, so your saying that if im going from AIR to the OCZ setup that's coming out soon, i'll need to WC my GPU? i don't get it. why?
You can keep your card on air if you wish.

The unit only has 1 head, so you can watercool your video card if you like, or keep it on air, or buy 2 units to cool your GPU and CPU.

R1ckCa1n said:

Cant speak for the OCZ unit but the prometia used a heater on the back of the mobo and one around the socket and i think the vapochills are the same way.

Visable-assassin said:
Cant speak for the OCZ unit but the prometia used a heater on the back of the mobo and one around the socket and i think the vapochills are the same way.
After all the stuff I read and picture I've seen, I didn't know they used heaters...

Yey.. 2[H]4U status.

One head on a single stage is the standard. Also, you can't just buy another one for you GPU. Good luck mounting it.

thunderstruck! said:
One head on a single stage is the standard. Also, you can't just buy another one for you GPU. Good luck mounting it.
Just gotta be a little creative :)

Back