Is now a perfect time for AMD to release their dual R9 290?

Sky15

2[H]4U
After seeing nVidia release their 3k dual card, do you think AMD could technically knock it out of the park with a 1000-1200$ Dual R9 290?

Thoughts?

After seeing nVidia release their 3k dual card, do you think AMD could technically knock it out of the park with a 1000-1200$ Dual R9 290?

Thoughts?

Sure, why not. To me, none of it means shit because I'm nowhere near the target audience for these cards. I mean, the highest res my monitors can do is 2304x1440, and I'm willing to bet that these cards would be overkill for that res.

Nvidia releasing a 3k card should actually help AMD's dual GPU card at less than half price! :eek:

LoL... between a 3k dual nvidia gpu & FB buying Oculus, it's been a WTF?! kinda day...

They can't allocate enough of TSMC time to produce enough of the current line up they have, so no.

They can't allocate enough of TSMC time to produce enough of the current line up they have, so no.

As the mining craze dies off (it has already began to) supply will be back up.

AMD cards are not flying off the shelf because of gaming performance lol.

Dual R9 290, may be but dual R9 290X...doubt that will happen since those Hawaii are less efficient than Kepler.

If they can release a dual-GPU card that doesn't have wildly high coil whine rates, then we might have something.

Too bad they're on the high end of power draw this time around.

As the mining craze dies off (it has already began to) supply will be back up.

AMD cards are not flying off the shelf because of gaming performance lol.

Money talks, bullshit walks. The fact that miners were scraping cards up left and right doesn't mean that AMD sucks with game performance. :rolleyes:

I thought the speculating was finished?
AMD is going to release a dual Hawaii card of some sort...

Thoughts?

There to scared of Nvidia that will just release a driver and magically make DX11 work faster (even faster then Mantle) on their single gpu cards. :)

Back