Is My Video Card Broken? Look At This....

ok so the other day i turn on my comp and it looks like this.... what the hell

is the card fried? i dont see how it could be my monitor.... i have a nx6600gt

please help me... WAAAAA

wtf.bmp

anyone know what i should do?

WTF are you trying to show us?
That the tool bar is not showing up?
If that is what you are trying to show us, its WINDOWS that is fucked.

no the picture was too big but thanks anywas.. you see the yellow tracers there is rectalgles across my screen and when i run shit through them they leave traces ive never seen it before.... help

lol, nice circles on the second one :)
try connecting your monitor to different pc see if taht helps.

Try the monitor on another computer to verify that it isn't the monitor.

and why the fuck would i do that... come on... and i did that ... could it be the monitor????

k ill try the monitor on another puter brb in 5

PaypaScrilla said:
and why the fuck would i do that... come on... and i did that ... could it be the monitor????

k ill try the monitor on another puter brb in 5

Why would you Degauss your screen????
When a lot of static buils up in the CRT screen it causes colour distortions similar to what the first pic posted.

Tell us what happens when you plug into a different comp.

Majin said:
Why would you Degauss your screen????
When a lot of static buils up in the CRT screen it causes colour distortions similar to what the first pic posted.

Tell us what happens when you plug into a different comp.

Monitor problems like that won't show up on screenshots.
I've seen similar problems when loading ghost images and they are running 16bit instead of 32bit.

is that bong.jpg I see? :p

Try jiggling the connector, make sure its well connected on both ends. you may also try to lower the resolution and see if you have the same problem. If you dont see it, check for new drivers or even check your PSU (heh, this is the second time today i recomend a new PSU, maybe it's because I need to upgrade my own PSU)

ChronicTrees said:
Monitor problems like that won't show up on screenshots.
I've seen similar problems when loading ghost images and they are running 16bit instead of 32bit.

is that bong.jpg I see? :p

Yeah your right.... what was I thinking... LOL

i tried but it said the card wasnt supported, is that because i didnt download the SLI drivers? im trying that now....

what do you mean? more than my screen name?

anyways i tried to update the driver and the newest one on the nvidia site says it dosent support my setup but it says it does in the description so then i tried the SLI one but it says the drivers i have are newer./.. what should i do.?

if you still get those artifacts with fresh drivers and/or a windows reinstall, you might consider thermal issues with your card, or worse, a ram chip on it may be busted. did you try to overclock? if so, you busted it.

Back