Is my SSD dying?

Sky15

2[H]4U
I seem to be having a problem with my SSD, it's Crucial C300 128gb, little over 2 years old now. The problem is i get delayed with almost everything, while browsing chrome or which ever browser I'm using is delayed, I get the dreaded "Waiting for Cache" some times my machine freezes up for a couple mins. Programs are delayed while opening them.

I seem to be having a problem with my SSD, it's Crucial C300 128gb, little over 2 years old now. The problem is i get delayed with almost everything, while browsing chrome or which ever browser I'm using is delayed, I get the dreaded "Waiting for Cache" some times my machine freezes up for a couple mins. Programs are delayed while opening them.

Sounds like it is time for a OS re install. What does SMART status say the life looks like?

Hmm is it the % on the top right? If so, it's 39%

It should look something like this:

2r4iqgo.jpg

If your Health Status is 39% it means that it has heavily degraded over the past few years. Have you tried running disk benchmark such as AS SSD Benchmark, CrystalDiskMark, or ATTO Disk Benchmark?

do you by chance have other hard drives in the system? I have noticed that for some operations windows issues a 'wake up' to all hard drives before carrying them out. so it may actually be one of the other drives with the issue (assuming you have others)

Firmware up-to-date?

Definitely check this. I have a C300 64GB, and it was hanging periodically with applications, specifically games though. There was a firmware update released specifically regarding this issue. Haven't had any hanging since.

Definitely check this. I have a C300 64GB, and it was hanging periodically with applications, specifically games though. There was a firmware update released specifically regarding this issue. Haven't had any hanging since.

Nope, but I read up on it and I think it's the problem.

Back