• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Is my SMP setup right?

ICE_9

2[H]4U
Joined
Feb 28, 2005
Messages
3,459
Long time folder, need some reteaching.

I have an i7 870 at 3.1GHz (no overclock) I have been using the FAH GPU tracker to run both my GPU and SMP clients. I haven't had -bigadv turned on and don't have -advmethods turned on. Are my settings now correct for better PPD? I already have a passkey setup. I am getting about 250K/month currently using just 6 threads of the 8 possible. Suggestions?

Thanks!

Sorry, can't hit hardfolding to get my sig stuff so this one will have to do for today.

sigimage.php
 
It sounds like you are in the right ballpark - 8K - 9K ppd. Install HFM.net to see what it is really doing per day. Just out of curiosity, why 6 threads instead of 7 or 8?
 
It sounds like you are in the right ballpark - 8K - 9K ppd. Install HFM.net to see what it is really doing per day. Just out of curiosity, why 6 threads instead of 7 or 8?

OP also has a GPU.....i would th ink that the PPD is a bit low for both a GPU and a i7 870...


OP what GPU are you running ?
 
Is it an ATI GPU? If so, you should probably stop folding on it and just use your CPU.
 
Is it an ATI GPU? If so, you should probably stop folding on it and just use your CPU.

This.......

Until they release a more substantial client specifially for ATI cards
 
8800gs getting about 3k. I use 6 thread so that the computer is still responsive to my liking.
 
Back
Top