Is my Raptor dying?

buffbiff21

Gawd
Check this shit. I just get home, boot up my comp, and it hangs on the Windows screen.

So I coldboot to safe mode.. run a ChkDsk.. it freezes. I keep doing this, and it boots.

Note that the only thing I have done in the past few days is switch this disk out and put it in my old system. I installed drivers and this normally works.

So I run SeaTools:

raptor.jpg

I recently was in a car accident and am selling off some other of my comp parts..
WTF is up with my bad luck?

I think chkdsk fixes this problem. I don't remember exactly, but I'm pretty sure.

why are you selling your comp :O normally when they die they just dnt boot, not freeze half way through.

why are you selling your comp :O normally when they die they just dnt boot, not freeze half way through.

Well it's getting DST errors so it's off to Newegg for an RMA>

WHy am I selling my computer? Someone broadsided my car and I need to get another one :D Comp is just about the most expensive thing I own..

Well it's getting DST errors so it's off to Newegg for an RMA>

WHy am I selling my computer? Someone broadsided my car and I need to get another one :D Comp is just about the most expensive thing I own..

Again, try a chkdsk before sending it and see if that fixes anything. Unless ofcourse you want to send it :rolleyes:

Again, try a chkdsk before sending it and see if that fixes anything. Unless ofcourse you want to send it :rolleyes:

I have, about a hundred times.

Same shit bro. Im getting kernel data and page file BSODs... system instability... etc.. The drive sounded really messed up when I ran the test too.

Looks like the drive is fuxored. :(

I have, about a hundred times.

Same shit bro. Im getting kernel data and page file BSODs... system instability... etc.. The drive sounded really messed up when I ran the test too.

Looks like the drive is fuxored. :(
What do you mean by "really messed up"? Have you ever ran HDTach and heard the whining noise? It really doesn't matter at this point. If I were you, I would send it in for RMA as you said. You've done a basic attempt to restore it and it didn't work so that's probably your best option right now. ;)

Back