• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Is my PSU Powerful enough?

Seemund

Gawd
Joined
Aug 31, 2007
Messages
634
Hi,
I'm thinking about building another system:

P5Q PRO
Q6600
BFG 8800GT 512MB OC
2x2GB DDR 800
1xDVD-RW
5xSATAII HDs
5xLED 120MM Fans

Now, I have 2 PSUs in house, and would like to know which one would be better suited for this. Or if I should just buy a new one..

1- OCZ ModStream 520W (Modular, got it in Nov-2005, but it seems to be a good PSU)
2- Coolermaster RP-600 600W (non-modular, got it a few months ago)

Thanks.
 
Hmmm if the CoolerMaster was a Real Power PRO, then yes, but I would go with the OCZ.
 
Of those 2, the OCZ should be fine. Primarily for 2 reasons:
1. You won't need those extra 80 watts
2. I have heard some bad things about the cool master.
 
so the OCZ Modstream 520W should be enough to power the system specs I posted above? Good!
 
Coolermaster RP-600 is from the eXtreme Power line, OCZ should be the lesser of the two evils.

Your build won't require much power, 500+ watts will offer the plenty of breathing space.
 
Thanks for the help guys..
I tried to use some calculators, but the ones in the PSU Forum is very outdated.. and doesn't even work anymore.. :)
I'll be using the 520W for my system, and the 600W for my server
 
Back
Top