Is my PSU dying?

Dark Prodigy

Jawbreaker
Joined
Mar 10, 2006
Messages
2,803
:mad: I had my system up and running for about a year and a half with absolutely no problems. All of a sudden I'm getting notices on startup about how my "nVidia graphics card is receiving sufficient power"...I didn't think too much of it, because I could game just fine.

Then it started to disable my SLI on startup stating that " 1 graphics card isn't receiving enough power, SLI will be disabled". Then it got my attention.

Then my system started to lockup totally on startup, it would get halfway into booting up and playing the startup them then simply lock the f*ck up. Would have to hard shut down.

I messed around for a while trying to figure out the problem, changing RAM, taking out X-Fi card..turning off all my overclocks...all the usual troubleshooting steps. Same gotdamn thing :mad: Even normal web browsing is locking me up now.

Which leads me to believe that my PSU may be dying...:(
System Specs:
X2 4200+
7800 GT Extreme Edition SLI
2x 74 Gb Raptors RAID 0
Creative X-Fi Platinum
2x dvd-rom slot load
Hauppage Dual tuner
1Gb Corsair Xpert RAM
Swiftech 665 Pump
Cooler Master Real Power 550w SLi
Everything is watercooled NB, CPU, GPU's...

*sssiiiggghh* What's the prob.
 
Check the voltages from your psu... that should give you the answer, but it sounds like you may already know.. it sounds like it's on it's way out to me..
 
Check the voltages from your psu... that should give you the answer, but it sounds like you may already know.. it sounds like it's on it's way out to me..

The funny thing is that I checked the voltages in the BIOS and everything seemed ok... they were within the +/- 2% range of tolerance.
 
Back
Top