• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

is my PSU boned?

psxpaul

Limp Gawd
Joined
Apr 22, 2000
Messages
335
I was trying to mod an mATX powersupply I had laying around, and I unscrewed the ground line that was screwed to its chassis. I forgot to screw it back on before I plugged the PSU back in, and I saw a small spark. It looks like the fuse burnt out, and I was wondering if its possible that I fried the whole PSU, or just the fuse. If I pick up another fuse, do you think the PSU will work again?
 
depends what you touched, try replacing the fuse, if it blows again then its probably toasted :(
 
Back
Top