• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Is my OC safe

htphm42

Gawd
Joined
Jul 19, 2008
Messages
934
Hey,
I was just wondering if there's any ill effect of a high vcore other than heat. My q6600 is oc to 3.2ghz and its voltage right now is 1.4v on load. Heat does not get any higher than 67C even with all four cores max out. I would get the vcore lower if i could, but my mb only allow me to set the vcore on auto. Should I be worry since on stock its only around 1.3v?
 
Vcore below 1.5V is safe for 65nm Core 2 CPUs. Above 1.5V and you risk damaging the CPU, but since you're only at 1.4V, you've got nothing to worry about.
 
i thought all mb's allow voltage change. Well for me i think 1.4 is kinda high considering my vcore is at 1.2875 w/ oc at 3.2ghz tho 67 max doesn't seem bad
 
Actually, after taking a look at your mobo, I'm sure it has CPU voltage adjustments. Take another look at the settings in your BIOS. You've got a Biostar board, so I'd be really surprised if you don't actually have any manual voltage adjustments.
 
1.4 doesn't seem alot...but if you had a C1 stepping, you should be able to hit higher notes with lower volts. But if you can get a little lower as possible that would be even more better. Other then that, you shouldn't really worry about a thing, since your temps@LOAD aren't hitting beyond the 70'C barrier for a approx 35% oc there.
 
My mb does have a vcore setup, but it's in percentage (like 5%, 10%, ect). But it doesn't seem to be doing much since it goes back to auto anyways... but I guess its good to know that 1.4v isn't that bad.
 
Back
Top