• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Is My Multiplier Locked?

Saterial

n00b
Joined
Sep 14, 2004
Messages
22
I have an Athlon 2500+ Barton Core
Abit NF7-S
1024Mb Samsung Ram Pc3200 Dual Channel
W/C @ 28c

This Cpu was bought back around decemeber, I have the front side bus running stable at 200mhz. Usually when the multiplier is locked I would not be able to change it in bios however in this case I am. I adjusted the multiplier to 11.5 and rebooted checked bios again and it stayed at 11.5. However when I go into windows xp and load CpuZ I am told my multiplier is 11? Does that mean bios is faking that value to me or is CpuZ wrong? Cause if so then my multiplier is locked.
 
I am sorry but that means that ur multi is locked... the bios reading will change but the processor will not... if the multi is showing up as 11 it is locked ... :(
 
Back
Top