Is my MOBO toast?

infin@

Gawd
So i spent the afternoon working on my computer installed a bay fan and a few switches for some lights. After I was finished I booted up at defualt settings and everything was fine and dandy. I then shut down and put the side panels on my tower and booted again.... nothing.....wtf. All the fans spin up my pumps start and the leds on my ram dance around for a few seconds and then freeze and thats it. The MOBO light is on so know there is power to the board but when I hit the on switch I get no beeps. No post. just a blank screen. WTF!
I then thought that maybe I had a leak and fried something but found no water damage on the mobo or video cards and there was no smell of burnt pcb plus i had already leak tested earlier this week. I swapped out video cards and displays no joy. I undid all the new wiring and still nothing changed. I unhooked the hard drives, x-fi, dvd rom, lights fans and one pump, still no luck. No beeps, no post, no display. I reset the cmos checked my waterblocks everyting I could think of. My system has been rock solid stable fot the past 10 months and temps were never a problem. See sig for details on my system. Any ideas? Is my mobo fried? It is a year old roughly but a $250 motherboard should be able to stand a little abuse.
I am water coolling the 975x chipset and cpu and did not touch the mobo at all before this problem presented itself. The lights and the fans all work fine when hooked up I just can't get the damn thing to post at all!!
Help please! :confused:

So i spent the afternoon working on my computer installed a bay fan and a few switches for some lights. After I was finished I booted up at defualt settings and everything was fine and dandy. I then shut down and put the side panels on my tower and booted again.... nothing.....wtf.
Sounds like its time to play a game called, "where's the short?" ... its kinda like "Where's Waldo?" ... have fun!

Other things you could try: re-seating the CPU. Single stick of RAM. Another PSU.

In the process of dismantling the entire damn computer, pain in the ass!!!!! My rooms a mess the gf is gonna be thrilled when she gets home from work.:eek:
thanks for the advice by the way....sigh now begins the slow process of elimination.

so it turns out it was a bad stick of ram!!!!!! Jeeze it had to crap out on me right after I worked on the innards of the comp. Time to rma it back to corsair! :D Thanks for the advise
Sounds like its time to play a game called, "where's the short?" ... its kinda like "Where's Waldo?" ... have fun!

Other things you could try: re-seating the CPU. Single stick of RAM. Another PSU.

Back