Is my Memory Dead?

I have four 1gb CORSAIR Dominator's and I think one or two of them might be dead. I think this because one day when I was messing with my computer I rearranged the memory and the computer would not boot until I arranged them back the way I had them. Is their a program I can download that will test the memory and confirm this?

Also, can you provide ALL the info from the stickers on all 4 modules? And, which MOBO do you have?

I have 4 CORSAIR Dominator 1GB DDR2 1111 (PC2 8888) that are not overclocked (yet) and my motherboard is an ASUS Striker Extreme updated to the most recent bios.

Can you list ALL of your bios settings you have made for voltages, CPU, and memory.

I think this because one day when I was messing with my computer I rearranged the memory and the computer would not boot until I arranged them back the way I had them.

So, once you rearranged the memory properly does your system boot properly and see all 4gb?

I just use the default settings since I'm still new to overclocking. I don't want to accidently fry my system until I know forsure what I'm doing. As for your second question, yes the computer does boot properly and see all 4gb when I have them in the right order.

I just use the default settings since I'm still new to overclocking. I don't want to accidently fry my system until I know forsure what I'm doing. As for your second question, yes the computer does boot properly and see all 4gb when I have them in the right order.
Then your memory is obviously not dead ;) However, the memory you have is rated for 2.4v at it's rated speeds. If you are running it at DDR800 speeds you need to give the memory about 2.0v - 2.1v by manually setting that voltage in the bios.

Thx. By the way to you know how to change the speeds so I can get the most out of the memory. I already changed the voltage to 2.4 (I think).

Read your manual and check the bios section on running linked vs unlinked. It's in the ADVANCED section.

Back