Or is hyper-threading at fault?
I have had a lot of system crashes lately so I checkedmy Event Logger to see what was going on.
Here are some pics of what I'm seeing in event viewer:
I see 8 kernel processer errors of the same type here...
That also coincides with the exact number of logical cores that the i7 has with HT enabled.
Here's what I get when I open up one of those reports for more details.
"Performance power management features on processor 4 in group 0 are disabled due to a firmware problem. Check with the computer manufacturer for updated firmware."
As I mentioned I do have hyper threading enabled and there are exactly 8 errors listed at a time. Are these signs of CPU failure? The CPU temps never go above 50c even under load so I don't think the chip could be overheating. There's got to be a reason behind these errors.
I have had a lot of system crashes lately so I checkedmy Event Logger to see what was going on.
Here are some pics of what I'm seeing in event viewer:
I see 8 kernel processer errors of the same type here...
That also coincides with the exact number of logical cores that the i7 has with HT enabled.
Here's what I get when I open up one of those reports for more details.
"Performance power management features on processor 4 in group 0 are disabled due to a firmware problem. Check with the computer manufacturer for updated firmware."
As I mentioned I do have hyper threading enabled and there are exactly 8 errors listed at a time. Are these signs of CPU failure? The CPU temps never go above 50c even under load so I don't think the chip could be overheating. There's got to be a reason behind these errors.