Is my hard drive broken???

Gabriel

2[H]4U
Joined
Jan 27, 2005
Messages
2,179
I just tried opening a game installed on my second (D:) drive and there was an error opening it. Then I noticed all my shortcuts in desktop for programs in my D drive cannot be opened. C drive works fine though. So I restarted, went to my computer and under disk D properties, under File system it says RAW and 0 bytes for used and free space. Also If I double click on it to view its contents it says D:\ is not accessible. The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable. Does this mean my D drive took a crap? I didn't do anything different to my computer this just happened a few hours ago.

Thanks
 
good chance. I think people consistently recommend spinrite and getdataback for these situations. Is it still recognized in the bios? Maybe run the manufacturer's utility to see what that spits out.
 
Yep, it looks like it is dead, but thankfully I only had a few games and programs on it and it is my smaller drive, so I will reinstall those into my main and only drive I have left.
 
Back
Top