• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Is my graphics card repairable?

mgalvez

n00b
Joined
Jul 28, 2004
Messages
1
ATI9550test.JPG
I dropped my ATI 9550 and it chipped off a resistor or capacitor of some sort. Can anyone tell me where I can get one to replace the missing one? How can I test to see what I need there? The missing one is in the red box. Any help would be great.
 
have you tried putting it in yet? Some of those bastards aren't necessary. If not, you're pretty much SOL unless you know what you're missing, and are pretty handy with a soldering iron :\
 
You could just put it back in the computer and hope it wasnt a necessary part, but being directly behind the core, it most likely was :(
 
Looks like a decoupling cap to me, it should still run fine. Just verify no traces are peeled up and shorting.
 
I would put it back in and see if it works. if not... maybe all it nees is a wire or some sodler connecting those two points to complete the circuit even if it doesn run through the part. You would be suprised how much damage you can do to something and still have it run correctly. I have a friend take a sledgehammer to an HP pavilion... I picked it out of his trash and used it as an MP3 box for 6 months- and I just used some of it's parts in a new Athlon XP2000+ machine!
 
rma it, i accidently poked a big hole through one of those resisters on my mobo with my screwdriver...it didnt work so i rmaed it and they someone how gave a me a new one without charge
 
Capacitor 10uf +80/-20% 6.3V Y5V Ceramic SM

card should work without it
 
Back
Top