• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Is my d5 pump dying? Help!

mattjbak

Gawd
Joined
May 26, 2005
Messages
958
Well, I redid my loop today with a tline. I turn the computer on and the pump starts sucking, but the Tline isn't emptying, Finally i squeeze the other line into the pump, and it starts going down. However, it's making a really loud vibration type noise, which comes and goes. By loud I mean you can hear it down the hallway faintly. It still pumps, not sure if just as powerfully, but I have no way to guage that. Any ideas?
 
This happened to me too when I last filled my system. I just kept adding water and manually bled the system (read: Capped my res and violently shook the hell out of my now 60+lb case) Eventually when I was about 70% bled the pump just went "Vroosh" and started unleashing it's fury into the pin array of my TDX... so... Um. Keep adding water?
 
It's pumping, and it's pretty much bled. That's the issue... I don't know what else to do.
 
All ready got the next step over on XS forums. Drain it and inspect the pump.
 
Back
Top