Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
tuffgong said:isnt the socket supposed to move further down or am i just being paranoid?
It will only short the CPU if certain pins or leads get crossed. Verify that all pins fit into the socket correctly before applying power to the system. If the arm is "a little loose" it should not cause a short in the socket.tuffgong said:I know how the whole CPU install thing works, but I've never ever had a problem before...it does snap into place it's just loose so I was thinking maybe it's damaged.
I'm going to place a CPU in it tomorrow and will let you know how it goes. My initial concern was that a damaged socket would fry the CPU that I just got RMA'd from AMD.
tuffgong said:EVERYTHING WORKED!
Only lame thing is that the pwr_fan isn't being sensored at all for some reason and speedfan and mbm5 are giving me the wrong temps...bios and my gigabyte util report the cpu temp at 37-47c (idle~load) so im not worried...besides if it was 127c like mbm and speedfan say it would have burned already.
thanks guys
tuffgong said:the lever is really loose...it goes up and down very easily
Ah, the wonders of miscalibrated thermistors.tuffgong said:EVERYTHING WORKED!
Only lame thing is that the pwr_fan isn't being sensored at all for some reason and speedfan and mbm5 are giving me the wrong temps...bios and my gigabyte util report the cpu temp at 37-47c (idle~load) so im not worried...besides if it was 127c like mbm and speedfan say it would have burned already.
thanks guys